Official kentlyn thread

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
I'm showing a mate around out there sometime Sat arvo. Just some single track fun on the little bike. You're both welcome to join us although we might be a bit slow for you WCP:eek::p
Will let you know if I am in the area : )

No such thing as too slow, its all riding.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...No such thing as too slow, its all riding.
I like reading statements like that, makes me feel better about my poor riding abilities.:)

The sand is getting deep again in some sections, makes it so hard to ride through especially when your rear wheel loses traction and just spins. Cleaned up some sticks and rocks that were sitting on various parts of the tracks I rode today. Other than that all good at the moment.

CBG.

Last edited:

Newts

Likes Dirt
The sand is getting deep again in some sections, makes it so hard to ride through especially when your rear wheel loses traction and just spins. Cleaned up some sticks and rocks that were sitting on various parts of the tracks I rode today. Other than that all good at the moment.

CBG.
Not sure if your talking about XC sections, but am thinking the switchback berms on the top of roadgap could use some work.
Maybe dig them out, add in some woodwork behind to create some height, repack. Therefore we can get over the sandtrap at the bottom where it all pools.

Last edited:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Not sure if your talking about XC sections, but am thinking the switchback berms on the top of roadgap could use some work.
Maybe dig them out, add in some woodwork behind to create some height, repack. Therefore we can get over the sandtrap at the bottom where it all pools.
I dig the sand out of the bottom of the switchbacks everytime I go out there. By digging them deeper it will only make the sand theat gets washed down the tracks pool even more. The best thing is for these berms is for people to ride them high and NOT BRAKE through them. By braking through any berm, it will get braking ruts and wear them much faster requiring more maintenance than otherwise necessary.

Newts

Likes Dirt
back fill it with some of the rocks or go higher? Adjust the line slightly and build ontop of where the ditch is now?

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mainly XC but the berms on some of the DH stuff just fill up naturally. The whole area is just one big sand pit anyway so it is always going to be a problem. Maybe instead of digging the ground up to make the berm do what you have done with those nice gaps at the top of the tracks and cart dirt in from nearby. Just a suggestion.:)

Cheers,
CBG.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
The best thing is for these berms is for people to ride them high and NOT BRAKE through them. By braking through any berm, it will get braking ruts and wear them much faster requiring more maintenance than otherwise necessary.
AMEN!!! I cringe when i see people braking through them. Wipe off your speed BEFORE you get to the turn, then lean and rail it. Takes a lil while to get well, but is quicker, and doesnt damage the turn.

Maybe instead of digging the ground up to make the berm do what you have done with those nice gaps at the top of the tracks and cart dirt in from nearby.
I think they started that way, all those many years ago(i remember riding road gap/(cant remember signed name) 4+ years ago. They have just constantly been rebuilt. I think they do need rocks/timber, along with this mythical brown stuff called dirt. Im not sure if you have heard about it, but seems to be good for building.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
AMEN!!! I cringe when i see people braking through them. Wipe off your speed BEFORE you get to the turn, then lean and rail it. Takes a lil while to get well, but is quicker, and doesnt damage the turn.

I think they started that way, all those many years ago(i remember riding road gap/(cant remember signed name) 4+ years ago. They have just constantly been rebuilt. I think they do need rocks/timber, along with this mythical brown stuff called dirt. Im not sure if you have heard about it, but seems to be good for building.
Took me a while to learn not to brake into that switchback but since I've learnt to ride it with no brakes it's so much smoother. It's all about confidence.
If someone is willing to help out, I'll push a few more barrows of the good stuff up from the bottom of the fire trail where we come in. Already carted some down past Frequent Flyers (bloody hard work). I've got 10 days off after today so can do some work out there.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Took me a while to learn not to brake into that switchback but since I've learnt to ride it with no brakes it's so much smoother. It's all about confidence.
If someone is willing to help out, I'll push a few more barrows of the good stuff up from the bottom of the fire trail where we come in. Already carted some down past Frequent Flyers (bloody hard work). I've got 10 days off after today so can do some work out there.
Out for the next 2 weeks. May even get the forks serviced.
Will most likely to be free to move some soil in a few weeks. When are we looking into SnIves

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Big Red

Just a heads up to keep an eye out for the large red belly that lives on the Southern side of PM road... around the Bendi trail.

I have seen this guy more than a few times lately, my dogs disturbed him on the weekend while out walking.
Each day I have walked my dogs out along these trails I have see his tracks so he is very active, but very timid. Beautiful snake too.

Just a heads up to keep an eye out for the large red belly that lives on the Southern side of PM road... around the Bendi trail.

I have seen this guy more than a few times lately, my dogs disturbed him on the weekend while out walking.
Each day I have walked my dogs out along these trails I have see his tracks so he is very active, but very timid. Beautiful snake too.
It's a big sucker

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
yeah sorry guys my mates filmed it on his iphone and has only got his videos set to friends only, i will try upload it to vimeo!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a good ride around Kentlyn XC stuff today. The new stuff on the Rock Trail a lot of fun and it finishes up nicer than before too. The Bendi track was good again.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Planning a DH day at KDH this Saturday (weather permitting) if anyone wants join us. Might be some extra tracks thrown in for good measure. Anyone up for 20+foot creek gaps:p