Official kentlyn thread

Five Miles Out

Likes Dirt
Bendi is in the South
Six Bridges is not on the Map but North of Peter Meadows Road to the West. It runs through the Gully next to Peter Meadows Road leading back to Leumeah.
Thanks. I'll be there tomorrow from 8am if anyone is around. If you see 3 yeti's say hello.

mtb1611

Seymour
Did Rock Trail, Crank It and 3 laps of 6 Bridges this morn with a mate. New section is fantastic fun (thanks a bunch trail fairies!) and trails were in good form.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can you direct me to the Six Bridges/Bendi?
Hi FMO,

Check out the map in my sig below.

Map gets updated when I can. At this time I don't have a track log for the new stuff. I do all mapping on foot (better quality dataset), then I spend some time tidying the data up before uploading to OSM and tracing onto the map. So it can be a long time between updates.

I forgot that I had uploaded an updated trace for the Hermit's Hut Track (HHT) months back. I have updated OSM and it now shows HHT connecting to the PM Creek Track. Link: http://osm.org/go/uN9hKR5Lg-

Cheers,
CBG.

P.S. I must be getting old. Some bits of the new stuff are too difficult for me.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Spotted 3 big goats on The Rock Trail today with 75mm Horns. They were near No Fat Guys. Probably couldn't get through.
The male looked menacing.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seen a few big Goats behind the Buddhist Monastery before. Can only assume they roam around a bit.

Big tree down across Bendi. I didn't have any tools with me. Tree trunk is not on the trail but arm sized branches are blocking the track. I plan to head out and sort this out in the next few days. Should be able to clear it just with a bush saw.

CBG

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Just rode The Rock Trail at night with daughter and all is good.
It's better to be out riding as it's much cooler while riding.

Mattl

Likes Dirt
I rode Kentlyn for the first time in a while a few weeks ago and this area is getting better all the time. Respect to the trailbuilders for creating some of the best tech XC trails in Sydney. The Rock Trail still handles wet weather better than any other trail I can think of in the Sydney area too.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry. I haven't been around the trails for a few weeks. Christmas got in the way.

In general Kentlyn is predominately sand and tends to dry out quickly. It is normally good to go within a day of prolonged rain. The bridges area is a little different as it seems to have more clay mixed into the soil and I have found over the years that it can take longer to dry out than the rest of the area. Give it an extra day and it should be good to go now the weather has cleared.

Cheers,
CBG.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
rode this morning..all trails are Bonza...
i managed to find the six bridges trail.....
very good use of the terrain ,i don't think I've heard anyone that has ridden it say that they didn't like it. ...
i also saw something that has me a little concerned/confused , two blokes out there raking the trail while sipping lattes......wtf have all
you guys turned into single speed urban hipsters....:fear:

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
rode this morning..all trails are Bonza...
i managed to find the six bridges trail.....
very good use of the terrain ,i don't think I've heard anyone that has ridden it say that they didn't like it. ...
i also saw something that has me a little concerned/confused , two blokes out there raking the trail while sipping lattes......wtf have all
you guys turned into single speed urban hipsters....:fear:
Hahaha....Yeah that was me and my mate out there this morning giving it a rake!
6 bridges trail is all raked and good for the holiday season..enjoy!

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
that's ok then..:biggrin1:
i should of stopped and said hello....
out of interest,is the six bridges a existing trail or did you start from scratch ?

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
that's ok then..:biggrin1:
i should of stopped and said hello....
out of interest,is the six bridges a existing trail or did you start from scratch ?
We joined it on from rollercoaster, which is only about 70m of trail.
So yeah we did start it from scratch, only the 2 of us took us about 3 months to do.