Official Rotorburn Hellfire Cup info page

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Hi guys - not long to go - lots of excitement.

Could you explain how the 'pairs' aspect of the race will work? I have race d a few pairs races before, and they have been done differently.
For the stages where both riders will be doing 'the same' riding - is is time of the slowest rider, is it combined time of the two riders, or is it something like the Cape Epic - riders can not be more than 30secs apart at any point of the stage?

I assume for the stages when each rider does an individual event that it will be the combined times?

Any info would be great. Thanks

agent laraby

Likes Dirt
Hi guys - not long to go - lots of excitement.

Could you explain how the 'pairs' aspect of the race will work? I have race d a few pairs races before, and they have been done differently.
For the stages where both riders will be doing 'the same' riding - is is time of the slowest rider, is it combined time of the two riders, or is it something like the Cape Epic - riders can not be more than 30secs apart at any point of the stage?

I assume for the stages when each rider does an individual event that it will be the combined times?

Any info would be great. Thanks
Hi ,
Adventure riding stages : 30secs max seperation and must cross the line together.
Lapped circuit stages: are individual rider relay, allocated laps team time recorded.
TT: must be together within 10secs and at finish line. team drafting allowed , no drafting other teams,
Hill climb and dirt crit: Pairs split to individual riders rider A does hill climb and rider B does dirt crit

and yep you assume correctly the stages where competitors ride individually, the combined times will be added.

Cheers dg

Last edited:

Propagate

Likes Dirt
What's the go with the fires? Looks pretty bad on the TV, what are the chances of the event being affected? Cheers.

nescius

Squid
What's the go with the fires? Looks pretty bad on the TV, what are the chances of the event being affected? Cheers.
I know that the accommodation my partner booked will not be available because it burned down, I haven't heard anything about the condition of the trails.

agent laraby

Likes Dirt
Fires in South East Tas

Southeast Tasmania has been affected by a catastrophic fire event. The area has been declared a Disaster Zone. Many people including our friends and families have lost their homes, livelihoods and businesses. There are still people unaccounted for.
A decision in relation to the holding of the event will be made after consultation with community members, emergency services and a site visit today. A press release outlining our course of action will be emailed to entrants, event staff, contractors and subscribers informing people of the outcome. We will aim to have this information out to everyone by tomorrow – Tuesday 08/01/2013 at 10.00 AM.
Currently we are trying to support the recovery effort and whilst we understand that people have made plans to travel and may be feeling anxious about the uncertainty, please wait until we make an announcement before contacting us. Phone contact is limited here at the moment and we need access clear. We are just focusing at the moment on supporting our community.
We would also like to thank the MTB community for their messages and offers of support and help.
You will be kept informed of developments and we thank you for your patience.
Duncan Giblin
Race Director Avanti Plus Hellfire Cup.

agent laraby

Likes Dirt
Hellfire Cup desicion

http://http://hellfirecup.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/r/0D340DFEDE820D45/8D181263B3175B21025DA65DC0D0F53A

A very tough descison and we recognise that some will be out of pocket as a result however please bear in mind this descision will personally cost me a lot more but it is the right one to make and was made with much consideration during a very stressful time. We are nopw commotted more than ever to MTB events in community tasmania is an awesome adventure sport destination.

Duncan

Last edited:

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Good luck Duncan - and all the others involved - with the rebuild. I cant wait come out in November - and i'm sure the race and community will be stronger and better for this.
You've had a nightmare - this was the only call to make.

kerbs

Likes Bikes
Great work

Great work Duncan.

Tough call to make but 100% correct, and I'm sure you'll realise in time that everyone is 100% behind the decision!

agent laraby

Likes Dirt
After what has been a long week we have started working out the exact dates for the Avanti Plus Hellfire Cup in November 2013. There will be an announcement on Wednesday once we confirm a couple of contractors and land owners.
What we can tell you is that we will use the time to make the event even better than originally planned and that we are still personally guaranteeing the prize pool.
We would like to thank the mountain biking community for not only your understanding of the race postponement but also your support for us and the community we live in. The messages of support have meant a lot and have been passed on to those in the community that weren’t as lucky as us. And the offers of practical help have turned into a reality this week with a team of hellfirians coming out on our first clean-up day.
The community are also looking forward to seeing riders return, so bring on the 6hour fundraiser and the Cup.
Many thanks Duncan and the Hellfire Team.

agent laraby

Likes Dirt
entries open , childcare for race stage option now included .

Ok website has been updated and entries now re-opend for the new date in November. If you have already entered from the previous January date you are automatically transfered to the new date
www.hellfirecup.com

plus we have now include an option to book childcare during race stages. childcare spots will be limited. first in best dressed.

Last edited: