Olympic BMX & XC schedule on TV

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Totally watched the BMX on the big screen at the observation deck at the Eureka Tower today. Best thing was, it was muted...

#%SwiTCH#%

Likes Bikes
omg :eek: it would so suck to be luke madill right now!! Even with his own track he still didnt make it :( he still did well though. three cheers to the green and gold overseas.

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Watched the quarters at uni, lotsa cheering - seems even randoms enjoyed the tight racing and seeing who comes out at that first corner.

Can't wait to see the semis and finals tomorrow!
All things considered, and despite my initial anxiety of it not being on at the designated time, I'm pretty stoked at the extent of the BMX coverage by ch7 so far. Sending rejuvenating vibes to both Jared and Kama tonight. Let's hope both the boys get the open windows they need to power past the field tomo.

Come on Aussie, come on, come on. Come on Aussie, come on! Oi!

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm waging school tomorow to watch this. :cool:

Seven is still the best place to watch it for free even though what they do show isn't much?

timmyDH

Just for those who maybe don't know.

If you can't get to a tv but you've got a nextg mobile you can subscribe for the day. Only $3.95. definately worth it.

Go Jared.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
God I wish I could see this. Couldn't get tickets and the farking idiots over here just play basket ball, volley ball and constant re-runs of whatever China has won gold in :mad:

Go the gravy train!

stoff

Likes Dirt
The coverage is starting to piss me off. First this moron Robert Lusetich BMX is the sport where nobody grows up. "Snowboard Motocross" is an olympic sport. It is called boardercross and has been in since the last winter olympics. Idiot.

Secondly the lack of coverage of Jared Graves. Despite being the top ranked Aussie and the best performed he can barely rate a mention over Kamakazi.

Also, did anyone else wonder how close Luke Maddill's helmet went to being banned as a redbull ad?

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
The coverage is starting to piss me off. First this moron Robert Lusetich BMX is the sport where nobody grows upSecondly the lack of coverage of Jared Graves. Despite being the top ranked Aussie and the best performed he can barely rate a mention over Kamakazi.
Not one mention that Jared is ranked #2 in the world. And even with Jared progressing through in one of the top spots they're still focusing on Kama. No offense to Kama but it just seems wrong. I guess that's mainstream media for you.... doesn't matter what it is, just so long as its interesting.

The BMX debut video on this page (http://au.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/video/#embedded-video-top) says it all. Jared is such an after thought. It's like Kama is the favourite to win and Jared is there to fill the space.

Stinky

Likes Dirt
The Today show this morning was the first media outlet to show any sort of understanding when they predicted Jared for the gold rather than focusing on 'some guy with a cool name' (no offence Karma)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Not one mention that Jared is ranked #2 in the world. And even with Jared progressing through in one of the top spots they're still focusing on Kama. No offense to Kama but it just seems wrong. I guess that's mainstream media for you.... doesn't matter what it is, just so long as its interesting.
Channel 7 have just decided to play up the mad, sick, XTREEME aspect of the sport; it only takes 30 seconds of listening to that absolute fuckwit that's co-calling with Tom Willams to realise this.

I guess that someone who's changed their name to Kamakaze is always going to suit this image better than someone like Jared, who always seems to present like your typical pro sportman.

I like Kama's oddball-ness as much as the next bloke, but if BMX really wants to be taken seriously in something like the olympics, an image like his probably isn't the one to do it.

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well the womens semi finals is meant to be on now but all we have is Fuc&ing walking.

EDIT: Thanks^