One Cycling body to rule them all

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
I haven't read the emails enough to know what's what so will be good for some burners to summarise.

My MTBA license good until March or something.. presume it's still valid.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
MTBA sent an email around A couple of days ago, before the Aus Cycling email today, which had the pricing structure (below) - $$

Minlak

custom titis
I haven't read the emails enough to know what's what so will be good for some burners to summarise.

My MTBA license good until March or something.. presume it's still valid.
You keep your current MTBA and your renewal will be for AusCycling

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I checked pricing. Will cost me around $10 more for a yearly MTB race license.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Cycling body...

The joys of oldness-dom ... I so totally don’t give a crap... the older I get, the less I tolerate dominant people and I’ve never been a clubby type.

Here’s some horse shoe theory...

Felix - He’s more focussed on riding generally. Bloody kids these days.

Laz - Loves the riding. Crap at it, but who cares. Bloody seniors these days.

Ride ya bike...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
With all the sporting venues putting memberships on hold over covid, I contacted MTBA and asked if they were going to put my 3 race licences on hold, they said they were not holding or extending any race licences.
Really... you are running 3 race licences to expiry with no racing, events or comps with no compensation.

So piss you MTBA, I have been paying for mine for 10 years and in the last few years I have done 1 or 2 events each year.
$150+ club membership ($180+) for mine alone... lost, which I'm sure they don't give a shit about, I renewed my 2 boys race licenses with AMBC club membership which is about $300 for two.
I would have continued to pay mine out of habit and loyalty to AMBC, now I'll pay the $20 day license maybe twice a year... or zero times this year.

safreek

With all the sporting venues putting memberships on hold over covid, I contacted MTBA and asked if they were going to put my 3 race licences on hold, they said they were not holding or extending any race licences.
Really... you are running 3 race licences to expiry with no racing, events or comps with no compensation.

So piss you MTBA, I have been paying for mine for 10 years and in the last few years I have done 1 or 2 events each year.
$150+ club membership ($180+) for mine alone... lost, which I'm sure they don't give a shit about, I renewed my 2 boys race licenses with AMBC club membership which is about $300 for two.
I would have continued to pay mine out of habit and loyalty to AMBC, now I'll pay the $20 day license maybe twice a year... or zero times this year.
Thievery, tis all it is.
They are only doing it for your own love of MTB, not to profit of course

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

I have to be a MTBA member to be on the club committee, so there's that, but when I rang to renew our family membership, they put me on a recreational rego and I'll only have to pay pro-rata to upgrade when we go back to racing. It's not a huge saving, but at least it's something.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Ignore my post from last night... the red was talking.

We do need clubs and governing bodies, but I’m not interested in racing and so, couldn’t care less.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I have to be a MTBA member to be on the club committee, so there's that, but when I rang to renew our family membership, they put me on a recreational rego and I'll only have to pay pro-rata to upgrade when we go back to racing. It's not a huge saving, but at least it's something.
Our club is in the process of changing our constitution such that you can be a financial member of the club without having to be a member of the governing body for situations just like this.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Our club is in the process of changing our constitution such that you can be a financial member of the club without having to be a member of the governing body for situations just like this.
My club doesn't have anything in the constitution to prevent this but we have always used MTBA, mainly as it is just easy to manage.
We have been thinking of other methods of membership and keeping it low management. I have heard that Patreon might be a good platform.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

I get the sentiment, but also see their side of it too. If they went out and refunded everyone's lost time they'd probably go bust. It's not their fault covid came along and stopped events dead. It sucks for everyone, and I think I'd prefer to keep supporting them and the club while we get through this in the hope that we can get back into the swing of things quickly.

(FWIW, I don't have any great love for mtba, not after finding out how useful the insurance is)

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yeah - it’s not explained very well the limitations of the insurance but it’s certainly pushed by them as a feature to “keep you safe”
Tough one to find out about while you're laid up in a hospital bed staring down at months of unemployment

goobags

Likes Dirt
Tough one to find out about while you're laid up in a hospital bed staring down at months of unemployment

Keen to elaborate further? Or at least point me to a PDS that I can read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
My club doesn't have anything in the constitution to prevent this but we have always used MTBA, mainly as it is just easy to manage.
We have been thinking of other methods of membership and keeping it low management. I have heard that Patreon might be a good platform.
I haven't thought that far ahead yet to be honest but once the constitution changes are passed will be looking into it. Something like Patreon would be good as I assume it has an auto renewal or annual reminder thingy.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Keen to elaborate further? Or at least point me to a PDS that I can read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The top level of insurance covers you for 80% of your normal wages (small print, to a maximum of $250 per week). Covers 80% of medical expenses (fine print - not including anything partially covered by Medicare or any pharmaceuticals). The lower levels (day licences and social licences) cover you for less, or even nothing but public liability.

I wasn't expecting miracles, and every bit helps, but looking into this properly while thinking for years "yeah, it's all good I'm covered" was somewhat deflating. My little fuck up cost us a significant chunk of our savings while I couldn't work.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't

is there a cheap family option, or has that been dropped?