One for the Graf/Stencil/street artists.... Apparently we're up to post #623 now

'Ross

Eats Squid
Crateman is cool! Now that you've had an article written about you, how do you feel?
Haha you must have missed my angry rant:p Nice to see some recognition I guess, and exposure on that scale is a good thing I realise, but there is resent due to the way they (mainstream media) portray these types of things, and try to promote street art as a cool and trendy thing, whilst they dismiss graffiti as mindless vandalism caused by gangs of thugs. Oh well, I think I have a way to combat this in the future;)

Another pic

frostbite

Likes Dirt
Haha you must have missed my angry rant:p Nice to see some recognition I guess, and exposure on that scale is a good thing I realise, but there is resent due to the way they (mainstream media) portray these types of things, and try to promote street art as a cool and trendy thing, whilst they dismiss graffiti as mindless vandalism caused by gangs of thugs. Oh well, I think I have a way to combat this in the future;)
I didnt actually think of it that way. But I respect that.

And not to change the focus from crateman, but speaking of graffiti - Some friends and I took an afternoon a few weeks ago to go checkout some of the graffiti around Melbourne. You guys might be interested in these:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=78436&l=3ae6a&id=581783658

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=78439&l=984da&id=581783658

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=78441&l=5e98e&id=581783658

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Post the finished product please, your approach seems rather simplistic in preparation which for stencils is counter-productive - I'd like to see how well they can be cut and printed.

I almost had Ozi Battla in one of my UNAUSTRALIAN shirts for The Herd gig today, but then he said he wanted to be a little less controversial for a change :rolleyes:

'Ross

Eats Squid
^^^You should have totally come and sold your shirts yesterday at 'True Blue Aussie Drag Day' at Calder Park:p Thousands of bogans wearing Australian flags, 2 out of 3 patrons had southern cross tattoo, free australian flags handed out as you left, plenty of VB and Bundy being drank....you would have been killed!:eek:

my_bike

Likes Dirt
I was going to my LBS and on the way I saw this,

When In Thailand I found the Giant Chickens training ground. I saw him during the night but didn't have the camera so this is all I got.

Attachments

'Ross

Eats Squid
I was going to my LBS and on the way I saw this,
hahahahaha was considering defacing this very billboard!!! Its right above the drains where I paint, it was just asking for it really. Very disturbing if more and more of these are going to be popping up around the place, as if there isn't enough attempts to brainwash us already:eek:

Graunched

Likes Dirt
Hey 'Ross. Crateman seems to be growing in noterity. There is now thing on 'Facebook" to become a fan of crateman!

'Ross

Eats Squid
Hey 'Ross. Crateman seems to be growing in noterity. There is now thing on 'Facebook" to become a fan of crateman!
Theres all kinds of crap like that, for the record we didn't make any! People always say they have added 'me' or whatever, its not us making all these pages! The www.cratemen.com site is pretty good though, has a lot of pics of most of them.

EDIT: my_bike, did you see us on sunday night? I think we were blocking your driveway for around half an hour:p

my_bike

Likes Dirt
Theres all kinds of crap like that, for the record we didn't make any! People always say they have added 'me' or whatever, its not us making all these pages! The www.cratemen.com site is pretty good though, has a lot of pics of most of them.

EDIT: my_bike, did you see us on sunday night? I think we were blocking your driveway for around half an hour:p
So you party in the lane way and block my garage. Naa my parents where having a party as well and they parked at the front.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On the topic of the Jesus billboard, there is one near me that says 'Jesus is the answer', to which somebody wrote below 'nobody asked'.