One for the Graf/Stencil/street artists.... Apparently we're up to post #623 now

'Ross

Eats Squid
Put in work at least a year or more and you will meet worthwhile people, no shortcuts or secret formulas to it.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you got a point, where would you go to learn then? it's not like writers go around annoucing they are a writer otherwise they would get busted. i don't know any, they're probably all around me i just don't know
get a heap of cardboard boxes (bike shops usualy have heaps) and just practice drawing things? thats what i'v been doing

'Ross

Eats Squid
A little hint for all the budding rap-sprayers out there:

Do not hit a spray can with an axe, just don't do it.

Background story: I was at work today, getting rid of a few useless things by way of smashing them with an axe so they would fit into the dumpster, I was having a generally nice time UNTIL....I found in the pile of junk this old can of aussie export, half empty and the valve was totally ruined, it wasn't going to work no matter what.
I assumed it had lost all its pressure so tried to 'lightly tap' it with the axe to just puncture it and maybe have a look inside at the valve (for what reason, I don't know)

Anyway there I am lightly tapping away and FUCKING BANG! A pretty decent explosion, a massive rush of air goes past my face and the can explodes. I run to the nearest mirror to see if I am covered in paint....lucky, it missed my face and I only copped some spray on my shoulder. I then go back to the crime scene to see the 3m wall is completely covered with yellow paint, with the main explosion about 2m wide and the rest of the spray covering about 8m worth of wall. So the wall is farked, but pretty lucky my face is still in tact. So next time you have a busted can and an axe in your possession remember this story and show some restraint;)

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha nice one Ross! Reminds me of a similar thing I did back in high school with a deodorant can. Not quite an explosion, but the can spun around pretty quickly rising about 6 foot in the air.

For the latest on Hoyts Lane over here, check it out. They've been restricted to painting between the hours of 12-6am because neighbouring businesses are complaining about the smell of paint. The word on the street though is that they're just anti spray art and this is the most inconvenient thing they can do, meh.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Yer I've punctured plenty of cans just by dropping them or whatever, usually shoots out a stream of paint and sometimes the can spins around...that's probably why I wasn't expecting such a big thing to happen, now every time I drop a can I'm gonna flinch expecting a big explosion haha:p

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=youtube;DX1iplQQJTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1iplQQJTo[/video]

Last edited:

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Do not hit a spray can with an axe, just don't do it.
Yeah quite a shock hey?

I was once clearing some weeds with a brush hook (machete on a stick) and there was a loud pop and all the plants turned yellow. Was very confused until I had a dig around and found I'd punctured a spray can that someone had tossed into the bush.

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
Fuck yeah. I've been a but more active recently. If you wanna see photos then check my flickr.