Opening Weekend @ Mt Baw Baw - Wide open all Summer till April - WOW!

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had an awesome day at Baw Baw. Just awesome to be able to ride that track when it's not a race weekend. We had an absolute ball. Love that the old rock roll-in has been resurrected too.

Loudvq

Likes Dirt
how much better is the track with a bit more width and more dirt in the berms! and what they have done is just the start of some of the improvements to build the place up even more to offer more variety.
good things to come in the future i think!

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how much better is the track with a bit more width and more dirt in the berms! and what they have done is just the start of some of the improvements to build the place up even more to offer more variety.
good things to come in the future i think!
Yeah it was awesome. Those berms will need to really bed in before the race as right now they're pretty fragile.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
It was a great weekend, thanks to all the shuttle drivers and staff.

The first berm is a bit 'dodgy'! but made for a spectator friendly 'shred dog' contest.

I still think the track needs a fair bit of work, but over all its excellent and a lot of fun to ride - thank you for the multiple lines at various points. The rock roll in - the wooden ramp needs to be a lot wider or some marks on the rock so people can line themselves up a little better, especially on the first run. Watched at the spot for a while and there was some near misses.

There is a few spots where people are cutting corners through the bunting at the top of jeep track, nor sure if its just out of control or easier? If that needs to be stopped due to erosion or whatever something solid needs to be placed to mark the track a bit better.

I will most certainly be back - mid week when I can take a boss approved 'sickie'.

From what some of the shuttle crew said, sounds like there is some big MTB plans for BawBaw? Anything in the works in regards to a more novice / flow track?

screw loose

Likes Dirt
Heading over there this weekend and weather's not looking too crash hot. Any chance the shuttles will be cancelled during shit weather?

dunndog

Eats Squid
5 weeks off. Shuttles every day. Think i'll be up there sooner than later for a few random weekday runs just quietly.

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
by this thursday you are meaning thursday the 20th?

I'll double check my roster but I should have work off.

If I've got the time off and anyone lives around the Belgrave area who wants a lift let me know.

dunndog

Eats Squid
By this Thursday i do indeed mean the 20th, Friday as an alternative. Leaving Melbs by 9:00am?
Sorry, it's monday or tuesday for me.. household logistics with the new baby and all. This Thursday is also my work break up/booze a thon, so that renders Friday out too.. If anyone's keen for Monday or tuesday?

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
well I've cleared it with work - I've definitly got this thursday off. Pretty sure there needs to be a minimum of at least 4 riders yeah? how many are heading up on Thursday?

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
What's this 4 riders business? It's a pretty big effort and drive to get out there, so that's a huge risk to take if you want to ride and the shuttles are dependent on 4+ riders.

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Yeah thats a bit of a worry, i understand from their point of view. I'll see if I can get anybody else to get the day off, but i'm a certainty for Thursday, although if its 4 riders min, and Friday is the go, i can switch......?

dunndog

Eats Squid
Yeah this is a bit of a worry, might be going solo Tuesday, will be pretty pissed if I drive up there for nothing. Better make a call methinks..
*EDIT* Just looked up their website, and yep it's mentioned there.. shuttles run on the weekends, but on weekdays will only run for groups of 4 or more.. and the shuttle runs every half hour, so theoretically you can't just go up there and smash out runs, you'll only get 2, max 3 an hour if that's right..

Last edited: