Ourimbah DH - ReBORN

jrewing

Eats Squid
Excellent news Adrian. That track is the staple of Sydney dh racers. If its good the scene will pick up again.

haltz

Likes Dirt
Care to elaborate?
NSW most talented trail company synergy trails used their ingenious trail design skills and pieced together a route that cuts out the big flat section and keeps fall throughout the whole middle section of track, thank eff!
Now hurry up and get it done Adrian haha Let us know next dig day I'll come poke some funnel webs with yas

nick123

Likes Bikes
thats bloody good to hear! Do you know how long it will be till the new design is ready to be used?
Also let us know about any build days. Super keen for this to happen!!!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
That's some of the best news I've heard in a long time! Super excited to see this happen :) :D

Oh please get rid of that middle section, more flow and (good size) drops should be added.

How (if happening) could one lend a hand in building?

dand93

Squid
stoked! does anyone know how easy it is to get there from a train station? im expecting the worst...
We need some van companies or something that can be hired cheaply to take you up and down trails, not sure if you can in ourimbah anyway... thats what riding in Hong Kong was, get a lift up for 20 minutes then ride for an hour! all for 50$ between 4 people was amazing...

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like the point was there was 1 group that you didn't approve of, and fairly noted if they were being silly.. Labelling all downhillers as being jerks because of this incident is just as pathetic as the people flying up the hill in the car you were having a go at.

Good choice to remove the comment.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
stoked! does anyone know how easy it is to get there from a train station? im expecting the worst...
We need some van companies or something that can be hired cheaply to take you up and down trails, not sure if you can in ourimbah anyway... thats what riding in Hong Kong was, get a lift up for 20 minutes then ride for an hour! all for 50$ between 4 people was amazing...
The track is a fair distance from the nearest train station...I'd consider it too far to bother trying ride to the track from the station on a DH bike + carrying equipment! Not only that you'd have to get yourself to the top of the DH track which is an allmighty push up!

Your best bet to come check out the track is to enter a club race, check the CCOMTB website for dates. Entry is usually $30 which includes shuttles + $20 for a day licence (assuming you don't have one already!) Club races are pretty relaxed, smash out as many practice runs as you can then you get two timed race runs! It's a relaxed atmosphere and everyone is there to have fun! I'm sure if you put word out you need a lift to a race someone would be willing to help you out!

T-Rex

Template denier
Closest station is Wyong, it's been done, but to the best of my knowledge by guys going to a XC race. It would suck on a DH bike, you would be stuffed before you did your first run.

I've heard noises about a ride day late Jan, that would be perfect for you. The club race series usually starts February. Keep an eye on the club calendar and Facebook page - links in my sig.

demodv8

Likes Dirt
Ride Day

Hey T Rex, would this ride day late Jan be the old track or will the new section be finished . Cheers

Haha was wondering when someone would ask that question ! So keen for the new section although im sad to see my manditory mid race rest section gone.
Also when will this new section be ridable ?