over vs under-biked.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Vapourware :(
Ha! I found a set on on FB. 1 ride old. $90 for the pair. Ad just went up. “SOLD!!!!!” A couple people on the thread said if I didn’t take them they were NIL. I said no chance. A dude messaged me asking to sell them to him. A much wanted tyre.

Last edited:

danncam

Likes Dirt
The biggest improvement I felt moving from a norco fluid to the giant trance x was the strong fox 36 fork compared to the fox 34. Night and day difference.
Other than that, was better with a slacker fork and more travel all around with bigger wheels...but not as much as I expected.
I'm never over biked now, and very very occasionally under biked.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Id honest be scared of breaking the wheel, fork, frame riding the better trails on a lighter smaller travel bike. But it's definitely a chore on the up hill trails. Do want a light trail bike for easier stuff. Fleet of bikes is the best way imo.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm generally quite vocal on the fact most people are overbiked to compensate for lack of skill.
Only just found this thread so haven't read all posts (so I may be re-stating the already stated) but I agree 100% that most of us are overbiked. I don't know if its completely due to lack of skill though. I like to think I can ride pretty good and have hit some big jumps but even on my Wreckoning I reckon most of the time I'm overbiked. Fuck I love that bike though. These new 160mm-180mm travel bikes are so capable, I mean Sam Hill in Cairns at the worlds???? He held on to the hot seat for ages after slaying the course on his Mega with everyone else on DH's. The thing that bothers me is people equate more travel with being a better bike which as we know is complete bollocks. I've heard plenty of conversations from new punters talking about how they need more travel becasue thier bike isn't good enough. Bullshit.