Pads for a gravel bike

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm finding the Tekro Spyres a little lack lustre on long descents. Any ideas to increase the power a bit? They are presently running the OEM semi metallic pads on 160mm rotors. Better pads? Bigger rotors?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
maybe better pads, and better rotors. Can the gravel bike take bigger rotors? it may not. the biggest seem to be 160mm AFAIK

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

I would also say chuck the stock rotors and fit some Swissstop catalyst rotors if budget allows.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I ran Spyres and BB7 for years. Nothing compared to even the cheapest grx400 hydros. I found the BB7s better for outright braking power and feel (contrary to everyone else lol) but noisy as hell. The spyres were a lot weaker in comparison but relatively fuss free.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I ran Spyres and BB7 for years. Nothing compared to even the cheapest grx400 hydros. I found the BB7s better for outright braking power and feel (contrary to everyone else lol) but noisy as hell. The spyres were a lot weaker in comparison but relatively fuss free.
Unless I'm looking at the wrong places it's $500 a side. Lever/shifter and callipher.... Stuck with mechanicals until I upgrade the bike

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
How about those combo hydro/cable brakes? Cable actuated, but has a hydro reservoir on the caliper so you can use your current levers

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk