Pedals

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
well, if your absoluetly sure off u aint gonna stack use clips. if you occasionly stack (EVERYONE), then use platforms, so u can bail.

TOSS3R

Likes Dirt
i have jim cleickleci spesh edish hot pink odyssey platforms which i took town to a bolt shot to get some longer pins for. with the longer pins (say 4-5mm longer) they perform so fucking good it aint funny. always up for something new though. i ride platform street and clipless downhill, again it is personal pref..i like clipless cause im a roadie so yeah, it is up to you. gus, ever thinking about marketing these little beauties?!

l'm using a set of dmr V8 platforms for street and general messing about, and clipless on the cross country bike.
Only had to replace 4 pins in the dmr's before l started to use a little bit of lock tight on the pins.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
use to race downhill with clipless xc pedals on a xc bike. eventuall u become so used to it, that before u stack u naturally clip out
but i use platforms now because so much KEWLER and i don't need to put on the same shoes. AND PLUS clipless shoes cost a lot, and since i only have one pair its hard to match my shoes with my bag and what i wear :lol:

junior

get out of my grill
most of the free riders use platforms " u dont get as nailed when u stack " go for the bmx pedals they are always the go like primo or snafu.
im running snafu's at the moment and there bloody strong, good pedals usally only last me a year the these have last neally 2 years and get sealed pedals, alot smoother.

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
dok said:
go for some platforms. dmr make 10mm pins which you can put in most pedals
u dont need to pay dmr's exuberent (cool word) prices just to get new pins. just go to a hardware store or something.