Pedals

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
luckyphil said:
dok said:
go for some platforms. dmr make 10mm pins which you can put in most pedals
u dont need to pay dmr's exuberent (cool word) prices just to get new pins. just go to a hardware store or something.
Is exuberent kinda like exhorbitant?

RCOH

Eats Squid
exuberant: lavish, effusive;full of vigour

exorbitant: exceeding the bounds of custom, propriety or reason, especially in amount or extent

go platforms & buy grub screws from hardware shops

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
i swing both ways... spds/clipless are good for drops and faster riding, flats are beautiful for ragged riding, and clips are deathtraps

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
lotecsiriusconcept said:
hozefeller pedals alllll the way even if they do say truvatriv... :?
yep, but if they say husselfelt stay well clear of them....more slippery then a slippery thing.

Primo tenderisers are fantastic; got some on sale for $40 and very happy with them (like the concave design)....

Dale666

Likes Dirt
Stuff Flats or clips - GT beartraps with removeable cages so you can sharpen them up, as good as being cliped in. Just dont cop them in the shin, u will need stiches

FuTAnT

Likes Dirt
newby666 said:
lotecsiriusconcept said:
hozefeller pedals alllll the way even if they do say truvatriv... :?
yep, but if they say husselfelt stay well clear of them....more slippery then a slippery thing.

Primo tenderisers are fantastic; got some on sale for $40 and very happy with them (like the concave design)....
Aye, I've got the Truvativ pedals at the moment, but they're the ones without the screw in studs. I think I need some shoes with a chunkier sole on them and some more aggressive studs. The ones at the moment are pretty small, and easily rounded. Will be going to a SPD system soon though, heaps more confidence ... atleast I know I wont slip off the bastards.

Gaz85

Likes Dirt
yup i got the husselfelt pedals and they are crap as, very scary when riding espically when ur used to your feet not moving, so ive changed them for some SPD clipless and its so much better.

dvious

Likes Bikes
yeh fastrider_gus's pedals are pimpin.... definately flats though... if u want the ultimate pedals go Brooklyn Shinburgers... they are awesome

Tomas

my mum says im cool
i got some Mosh pedals for 45 bucks, i cant move my foot on then, wvwn when there covered in mud.

bazza

look at me
wear some decent shinnies. and btw the shitmano dx pedals are pretty bloody sweet as well. but yeah primos and snafu are both super nice as well!

2 smooth

Likes Dirt
I just scored myself some Atomlab Aircorps...I tells ya, those things are rediculously grippy...you wont be moving your feet with those things. For platforms, they arnt cheap though, at around $280, they'll put a good dent in the pocket for pedals sake. You wont regret buying htem though. They look the shit and are really really grippy, not to mention painful.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Flats i would say, I am running wellgo's with the two extra pins in the centre, with some pretty large pins. They grip hella tight.

junior

get out of my grill
primo tenderizers are shit!! i always used to bend them and break them in bmx. snafu all the way or shimano dx

naz

Criminally Inane
well imo platforms im too unco to clip out i remebe i went thru the clipless stage and was riding up a hill chain farked, i forget to unclip bang,
V8 for small feet
holzafeller grippy
atomlab trailpimp's, thin as a pancake ment to be stable as

Ryder

Likes Dirt
Dmr V8's or V12's are the way to go they grip like no other and are wicked in the wet, works allmost like a clip pedal they r that grippy