Photo of the Day

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
People shouldn't be allowed to post others photos. Today is a clear example of that. The description is "me whippin it at ourimbah wearing kick ass fireman pants" so obviously its not his photo. I think you should put in bold above the upload box "Do not upload photos taken by anyone except for yourself".

Giving credit to the original photographer is great but you should not be posting there work up as your own whether you have given credit or not.

Last edited:

JakeGorey

Likes Dirt
People shouldn't be allowed to post others photos. Today is a clear example of that. The description is "me whippin it at ourimbah wearing kick ass fireman pants" so obviously its not his photo. I think you should put in bold above the upload box "Do not upload photos taken by anyone except for yourself".

Giving credit to the original photographer is great but you should not be posting there work up as your own whether you have given credit or not.
Yeah haha i could go to google and get some kick ass photos and post them, but credit the photographer. I definately agree with Dan.

J

JaRedy

Why are the "photo's submitted today" different to the photo's that you can vote for when you go to the vote menu?

I uploaded a pic, it isnt in the Vote section...
Is there something wrong, or am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why are the "photo's submitted today" different to the photo's that you can vote for when you go to the vote menu?

I uploaded a pic, it isnt in the Vote section...
Is there something wrong, or am I missing something?
Photos will be voted on the day after they are uploaded.

kemmis

Likes Dirt

I took that photo:D.

J

JaRedy

Is there a way that we can still view the photo's that are to be voted on, after we have alredy voted?

Ozza

Eats Squid
I am not to fussed. But i can see your point and think it would be a good rule to only enter your own photos.
YEP!

If the photo is not yours, either refreign from posting the image, or get the photographers permission and give appropriate credit in the caption.

Clearly this rule isnt being followed. My dads picture of Ryan crashing on the dh comp is currently up and looks like its going to win. I dont give a shit, its just it defeats the purpose of the competition. If the pictures isnt of you or taken by you.. then you simply dont have the right to post it. The competition doesnt revolve around who can find the best picture.\

Last edited:

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
It shouldn't be of you it should only be photos YOU have taken yourself. It could be the greatest photo of you in the world but if its not taken by you then dont post it.

Ozza

Eats Squid
It shouldn't be of you it should only be photos YOU have taken yourself. It could be the greatest photo of you in the world but if its not taken by you then dont post it.
I dont understand why not? Like surely it takes skill to take a great photo... and sometimes luck! But without the rider, the photo is nothing! Practically on equal terms here in my eyes.

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
I dont understand why not? Like surely it takes skill to take a great photo... and sometimes luck! But without the rider, the photo is nothing! Practically on equal terms here in my eyes.
Its Photo of the Day not Rider of the Day, get over it.

bhooper

Barfarker
'ryano' has been submitting photos that clearly havent been taken by him :mad: Like the photo the he submitted, that will go up for voting tomorrow, is mine that i took at Stromlo during the WC.

And i cant find him anywhere on the system as being a member :confused:

So can someone please contact him and tell him to only post pictures that he took, or if he does post ones that he didn't take, he needs to give accreditation to the original photographer.

Thanks,
-Ben

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same with !!JOSH!!.

Just posting pictures he finds on the web.

Come on Hux, givem some loving :D