Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
So what are they replacing it with? Wind power? I'd take solar over wind any day of the week.

Are they actually doing something about the ancient grid so that solar feed in isn't just a fucking joke?
I'm curious, why the preference for solar over wind?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I'm curious, why the preference for solar over wind?
Not enough wind or too much wind affects output (just like clouds and too much heat affect solar).

But ultimately wind turbines are a massive eye sore IMO and have been proven to cause issues for people living nearby (and companies ordered to pay damages).

No one (at least city/town folk) can put a wind turbine on their house roof, but solar is viable for pretty much any roof.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Link? Asking for a friend.
Pfft this was way before the internet. Parents don’t like sharing the details. They bought into some off grid religious community development that was going to turn their back on society. They lost a lot of money when it did not get off the ground. It would have been pretty carbon neutral, apart from all the weapons ha ha. If it did get off the ground we would have been cult children.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Pfft this was way before the internet. Parents don’t like sharing the details. They bought into some off grid religious community development that was going to turn their back on society. They lost a lot of money when it did not get off the ground. It would have been pretty carbon neutral, apart from all the weapons ha ha. If it did get off the ground we would have been cult children.
This wasn't early November, 1978, was it?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This wasn't early November, 1978, was it?
No it was a mid 80s I think. I was born in 77 and I remember visiting the site when I was a young kid. They served pumpkin soup for dinner after bush dancing and I remember it as the worst pumpkin soup I have ever tasted.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not enough wind or too much wind affects output (just like clouds and too much heat affect solar).

But ultimately wind turbines are a massive eye sore IMO and have been proven to cause issues for people living nearby (and companies ordered to pay damages).

No one (at least city/town folk) can put a wind turbine on their house roof, but solar is viable for pretty much any roof.
Tell you what though...I fucking hate that my electricity bills are deemed too low for a rebate. I'd have my roof absolutely covered if I could.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
No it was a mid 80s I think. I was born in 77 and I remember visiting the site when I was a young kid. They served pumpkin soup for dinner after bush dancing and I remember it as the worst pumpkin soup I have ever tasted.
Licenses for children. That and carbon taxes are the most sensible yet most unpopular policies ever.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk