Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Quite a while ago we were talking galoot recycling in this thread. The issue of Styrofoam was part of it...anyway tonight I was preparing my refuse for bin night and while disposing of some packaging I came across these pieces of Styrofoam with the recycle triangle stamped on and the number 6, or 9.

Attachments

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Quite a while ago we were talking galoot recycling in this thread. The issue of Styrofoam was part of it...anyway tonight I was preparing my refuse for bin night and while disposing of some packaging I came across these pieces of Styrofoam with the recycle triangle stamped on and the number 6, or 9.
Unfortunately the numbers are not indicators of recyclability.
Recycle Right said:
The number in the triangle identifies what kind of plastic the item is made from, NOT whether or not it is recyclable.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So this isn't going in my yellow bin? Pretty sure it's a private contractor doing the recycling here. Which means it's just being piled up anyway.

Flow-Rider

Burner
So this isn't going in my yellow bin? Pretty sure it's a private contractor doing the recycling here. Which means it's just being piled up anyway.
Maybe get in contact with them, it doesn't look to be anyone recycling it in Newcastle anyway but yeah most likely if it goes through the council nothing will happen with it because they'll take the cheapest tender and then never follow up or take a brown paper bag instead. Most of that type of recycling will be industrial waste in large quantities and most likely unsoiled.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe get in contact with them, it doesn't look to be anyone recycling it in Newcastle anyway but yeah most likely if it goes through the council nothing will happen with it because they'll take the cheapest tender and then never follow up or take a brown paper bag instead. Most of that type of recycling will be industrial waste in large quantities and most likely unsoiled.
Please...our corrupt officials prefer envelopes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hahah! cheap bribes at ATO aye :D.
Not the story, local and state politics a few years ago. Apparently he felt like a "walking atm" but used envelopes not paper bags. There was a lot of media at the time and the ICAC reports delivered some hilarious inquiry.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
No-one seems to give a shit thought.

It's only the burning of one of the planet's most important ecological entities.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
No-one seems to give a shit thought.

It's only the burning of one of the planet's most important ecological entities.
It's seriously depressing. I feel like it's the real beginning of the end. Why isn't every firefighting aircraft in the world on the way or there?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Because people don't give a shit.

Imagine the fauna being traumatised by this too. Fuck me.

I've got Brazilian neighbours. I dare not discuss this with them as I think they really like that turdbag piece of scum president.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Pfftttt...they probably have the same feelings as you have about theirs towards that bloke supposedly in charge down in Canberra.