Playstation 3 Thread

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and caspian border is sick, thats proper bf, makes metro look childish and lame. planes are shit though, no use against anything but other planes, bit of a gimmick

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Most of the people/textures suck and I don't care because it's the beta, but really the game goes to print in less then two weeks. I hope they purposely put horrible textures in the beta to save on file size or something. Can anyone confirm?
The beta version at the moment is a build from July.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and caspian border is sick, thats proper bf, makes metro look childish and lame. planes are shit though, no use against anything but other planes, bit of a gimmick
After playing abit of Metro (and loving it!) I finally got into Caspian Border. So good! Map is bigger then anything in BC2, there's WAY more detail. More shrubs/trees/rocks etc. 64 players and the map was perfect. Your never alone but at the same time there was room to breath if you needed it. It could be a little tedious with 24 players though (on consoles.)

Flashlights are farking stupid. I thought they were cool but there not dynamic at all. It doesn't matter if you 1 foot or 100foot away, outside in the open or in a dark corridor - no difference to scope flair/red dot/flashlight which is stupid. Pretty funny when you sit down and have a scope of caspian border from the antenna tower and see 5-10 scope flairs looking back at you. It's an awesome feature but its not subtle at all. It needs to be dynamic.

Planes are hard to use but pretty fun. Pretty hard to get a go at one because everyone wants to try them out. If your lucky enough to spawn in one, your teammates shoot you down out of anger.

*Been playing on PS3 and PC. Had the PC up to a combo of Ultra/High settings and it was certainly a step up from BC2 and it's only a BETA.

Beta ends tomorrow I think, or the day after.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After playing abit of Metro (and loving it!) I finally got into Caspian Border. So good! Map is bigger then anything in BC2, there's WAY more detail. More shrubs/trees/rocks etc. 64 players and the map was perfect. Your never alone but at the same time there was room to breath if you needed it. It could be a little tedious with 24 players though (on consoles.)

Flashlights are farking stupid. I thought they were cool but there not dynamic at all. It doesn't matter if you 1 foot or 100foot away, outside in the open or in a dark corridor - no difference to scope flair/red dot/flashlight which is stupid. Pretty funny when you sit down and have a scope of caspian border from the antenna tower and see 5-10 scope flairs looking back at you. It's an awesome feature but its not subtle at all. It needs to be dynamic.

Planes are hard to use but pretty fun. Pretty hard to get a go at one because everyone wants to try them out. If your lucky enough to spawn in one, your teammates shoot you down out of anger.

*Been playing on PS3 and PC. Had the PC up to a combo of Ultra/High settings and it was certainly a step up from BC2 and it's only a BETA.

Beta ends tomorrow I think, or the day after.
Ive been playing it 32 player only because i enjoy being a bit more sneaky and actually being able to plan stuff then if i walk out of this spawn i die. Ive seen a few bad glitches, already seen some guy inside a rock who could shoot out but we couldnt in.guys having a whiknge and just sitting on the plane spawn while im running around working my ass off capping, tanks are waaaay to hard to kill with at. make it 3 shots max, The sniper fest is slowly starting though, but they just make easy pickings for a bit of ripping throat action. the lmg's are way too accurate again, biggest gripe with ea since bc2 on that one, they should be horrible to shoot at the hip but fairly accurate prone and with a bipod, but they are are too accurate from the hip, people running and gunning making the rifle guys piss. Oh well, ill still buy it and play it. very disappointed in the lack of shotguns/shitness of shotguns though, hitboxes are so bad atm shotguns barely rego. Ive been rocking the shotties hard since bf2 :/

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Ive been playing it 32 player only because i enjoy being a bit more sneaky and actually being able to plan stuff then if i walk out of this spawn i die. Ive seen a few bad glitches, already seen some guy inside a rock who could shoot out but we couldnt in.guys having a whiknge and just sitting on the plane spawn while im running around working my ass off capping, tanks are waaaay to hard to kill with at. make it 3 shots max, The sniper fest is slowly starting though, but they just make easy pickings for a bit of ripping throat action. the lmg's are way too accurate again, biggest gripe with ea since bc2 on that one, they should be horrible to shoot at the hip but fairly accurate prone and with a bipod, but they are are too accurate from the hip, people running and gunning making the rifle guys piss. Oh well, ill still buy it and play it. very disappointed in the lack of shotguns/shitness of shotguns though, hitboxes are so bad atm shotguns barely rego. Ive been rocking the shotties hard since bf2 :/
At the moment the biggest weapon problem is the overpowered UMP which just mows down anyone really, bit of a pain..

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
very disappointed in the lack of shotguns/shitness of shotguns though, hitboxes are so bad atm shotguns barely rego. Ive been rocking the shotties hard since bf2 :/
I found the Shotty on Ps3 pretty good. Single shot kill and lethal in any form of cqb in Op. Metro.
Lag has been a real issue with full clips emptied into people who turn around and kill with a seemingly single shot.
Im assuming that the backend servers for PS3 were all OS based hence the poor hitboxs and apparent lack of damage due to lag.

Looking forward to the full blown version... at least you PC guys got to see more than what must be the biggest choke-point map in the game.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At the moment the biggest weapon problem is the overpowered UMP which just mows down anyone really, bit of a pain..
Thats only because barely anyone used the higher up guns, Also they played with more then 1 class, i was pretty much medic the whole time and got the AEK which schools the UMP in every way, specially on 3 round burst. Ill be waiiting for the full game, conquest on good maps is alot better then rush.

Joy

Likes Dirt
Not really too psyched for MW3 or BF3. I'll probably wait for them to be a bit cheaper then jump onboard.

Right now, this is ALL any PS3 owner should be frothing over:
[video=youtube;DHHcM6aHPnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHcM6aHPnE[/video]

Online store also has released Resident Evil 4 for download. $30 for a totally kickass game.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Thats only because barely anyone used the higher up guns, Also they played with more then 1 class, i was pretty much medic the whole time and got the AEK which schools the UMP in every way, specially on 3 round burst. Ill be waiiting for the full game, conquest on good maps is alot better then rush.
Can't argue with that. I got to play Caspian border conquest 64player (PC) and it's way better than metro.

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
Anyone get dark souls? Games kicking my ass but I'm loving every second of it! One of the few games out today which require a heck of alot of skill, patience and sometimes abit of luck! If you enjoy RPGs and feel like a challenge do yourself a favour and get this game!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, I've got my Batman Arkham City Collectors Edition. It has been delayed Australia wide for a few days and I was told by my retailer I could come in and get the standard edition of the game and start playing it. I held off until today knowing that the collectors edition would be coming in and I read on a forum that those who pre ordered the collectors edition get to keep the standard version as well as the collectors so..............I today picked up two copies of the same game, albeit one is the collectors with all the awesome stuff that I collect and one is just the game and manual. Apparently this is the distributors way of apologizing! Wowsers! I now have a $60 trade value waiting to be snapped up which I'll probably just chuck on my Battlefield 3 pre order.
What a score! Sing out if anyone wants to buy a new and unused copy of the game on PS3!

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, I've got my Batman Arkham City Collectors Edition. It has been delayed Australia wide for a few days and I was told by my retailer I could come in and get the standard edition of the game and start playing it. I held off until today knowing that the collectors edition would be coming in and I read on a forum that those who pre ordered the collectors edition get to keep the standard version as well as the collectors so..............I today picked up two copies of the same game, albeit one is the collectors with all the awesome stuff that I collect and one is just the game and manual. Apparently this is the distributors way of apologizing! Wowsers! I now have a $60 trade value waiting to be snapped up which I'll probably just chuck on my Battlefield 3 pre order.
What a score! Sing out if anyone wants to buy a new and unused copy of the game on PS3!
Same thing with me but i picked my standard version up tuesday :) just offloaded it to a friend

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What are your impressions of Battlefield 3 guys? I've only put a couple of hours into it and I've got to say that it feels a bit frantic for a Battlefield game with people running everywhere. I guess this is just people learning new maps but it seems a little cramped on most maps to me. Hopefully the gameplay settles after a few days and we can get down to the nitty gritty of it.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Still waiting on my Pre-Order delivery from JB-HiFi.... FFS !!!! They sent me an email on Tuesday saying it was being shipped that.... Still has not arrived... Maybe Monday if I am really lucky !!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Whats the point in pre-ordering if its quicker to wander down to the shop and just buy it on release day.
Not a happy camper.... and JB HiFi you have lost me as a customer.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Still waiting on my Pre-Order delivery from JB-HiFi.... FFS !!!! They sent me an email on Tuesday saying it was being shipped that.... Still has not arrived... Maybe Monday if I am really lucky !!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Whats the point in pre-ordering if its quicker to wander down to the shop and just buy it on release day.
Not a happy camper.... and JB HiFi you have lost me as a customer.
Odd that you have to deal with that but while I rode a 3hr today my wife rang me after saying she surprised me by rocking straight into our local JB and bought it off the shelf! Add to this, winning $70 at the pub on rock trivia and my Sunday has been awesome!

Bikes, booze, social commentary and music.
www.sittingonoffence.wordpress.com
www.twitter.com/loc_o_motion