Pointers to Armageddon 2012?!?

taibo

Eats Squid
Oh and another point - why should scientists devote valuable time and research funding to coming up with a magic way for you not to have to change a damn thing about your life and everything being hunky dory?
There's a perfectly reasonable solution - reduce fossil fuel usage. Only people don't like that answer so they kick back and go " Oh the scientists will come up with something..." waiting for a solution that they like better.

To steal a quote from SCBlack's signature and adapt it: the solution's here. every day people need to change their lifestyles if they want to maintain their current standard of living long term. Stop sitting there expecting people to do things for you and take it upon yourself to do something to ensure your future.

(Note: this is not a personal attack on you, but an attack ont eh viwepoint you presented and all those who share it with you)
so some money hungry corporate can buy that idea from you and sell it back to the people a million times more! :)

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
There's a perfectly reasonable solution - reduce fossil fuel usage. Only people don't like that answer so they kick back and go " Oh the scientists will come up with something..." waiting for a solution that they like better.
But that would require us to, you know, do stuff. Or even do stuff differently even. Hell we might even need to take responsibility for our own actions...

Can't we just throw some money at it and have science fix it for us?

Please?

:p

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
that'd be GMT. but Armageddon's nae an instant thing so I think anyone who's on the east coast should get a few hours grace afters before the shit hits the fan.

you people in WA however, got hit with it 4 years ago.

didn't you all get the memo?

:confused:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
But I'm on a promise for next tuesday.... Why does this shit always happen to me?
As far as I can tell this affects everyone so that means it's obviously run by local government. In which case you might not be affected till thursday. Or Friday. 2009.

i've got tickets that'll keep you sweet till a week from saturday BTW. bidding starts at $12.49. it's a bargain at half the price! :cool:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
As far as I can tell this affects everyone so that means it's obviously run by local government.
Local government aye? They haven't got the whit to cooridinate something this big on their own so that means a steering committee will be formed...

By the time they're finished with it "Armageddon" will become a march down main st and a jumping castle for the kids

In that case Nostradamus did predict it when he said

On a day when the sun shines or the rain falls
The forlorn will march
the young will bounce
and the end of the day will come none to soon

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Local government aye? They haven't got the whit to cooridinate something this big on their own so that means a steering committee will be formed...

By the time they're finished with it "Armageddon" will become a march down main st and a jumping castle for the kids
<visions of a big granite structure with turrets and a moat bouncing on the heads of potential children-of-the-corn style delinquents!>

:cool:

skivi

Likes Dirt
Only people don't like that answer so they kick back and go " Oh the scientists will come up with something..." waiting for a solution that they like better.
i was getting a similar vibe while watching the special NY edition of SBS's Insight the other night, many of these young Americans in the audience seem to be blaming the housing crisis, recession, current status of the American financial markets etc wholeheartedly on the Bush administration.

i'm only 20 and don't even study finance, business, politics or the like but the array of dramatic events such as the recession, global warming, housing prices etc etc that have played on our minds for the last decade or so are all playing to the same tune, no one single latest greatest current affair will spell the demise of the human race like ACA plays out nightly, it's a collaboration of mainly problems we create ourselves be that through greed, stupidity and the desire to live the way we think we need to. i reckon we're more likely to die hard from our bad habits then at the hands of any minority terrorist group, chinese milk or seahorse flue.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here, but if the world is going to end, and we do know when that will be, what are going to do about it anyway?
I think we should form some sort of action group against it.
Y'know, go and protest the end of the world as not being fair n'all that.
That'll stop it.

Last edited:

Mojo

Likes Dirt
just watched the tv, now scared shitless. lol johny i need you to come on here and tell us its all gonna be alright.....

on another note, the world going to shit;
1) economic grief everywhere
2) global warming
3) thousands of nuclear weapons god knows where and controlled by who.
4) world population growing somewhat exponentially.
5) mass extinction of flora and fauna for the growth of our own race
6) our one biggest energy producer, fossil fuels, starting to run out

are we not going down the drain somewhat fast???

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
im not talking bout armageddon as such, but just a somewhat general concern for whats coming next
My guess is armageddon. Mate the future is a wonderful thing the fact we dont know what will happen next makes the world go round (along with money thats coming into short supply)
Embrace the fact something significant might happen and will change this increasingly materialistic and self-indulging culture known as the west

twitchy

Likes Bikes
Nostradamus was wrong more than he was right, if the Incas were so smart why were they wiped out??

Oil shortage??? not on your life, it's only short because they want more money of us suckers at the pump. They have just found an oil reserve in Mehico that is bigger than the Arabs.

As for for F$*king up the planet, Mr Smith was right humans are just a Virus.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just watched the tv, now scared shitless. lol johny i need you to come on here and tell us its all gonna be alright.....

on another note, the world going to shit;
1) economic grief everywhere
2) global warming
3) thousands of nuclear weapons god knows where and controlled by who.
4) world population growing somewhat exponentially.
5) mass extinction of flora and fauna for the growth of our own race
6) our one biggest energy producer, fossil fuels, starting to run out

are we not going down the drain somewhat fast???
I'm not really sure. But, I from what I believe and understand it is only now that we are becoming aware of these things. These problems have always been there it's just now that we are aware of them. Sure nuclear warfare and fossil fuels running out are new phenomenon's but the others aren't actually new occurances eg. for economic grief look back at the Great Depression. Global warming - this is somewhat debatable but have a look at a time line of earth and it's cycle of heating up and cooling down. Mass extinction - check out the extinction of Australia's mega fauna which has recently been blamed on the Aborigines which occupied Australia at that time.