Pointless new standards - name and shame the "innovators".

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Not an innovation but people trying to- make the frame look as clean as possible.

How can people sell hardtails with no bottle mounts? The hardtail is the jack of all trades but now NS, Commencal and PP want you to wear a hydration pack all the time so you look ENDURO, fuck you all!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Integrated stems look disgusting. Road & MTB.

A stem is not part of the frame, don't try to make it look like it should be!

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the fork and 27.5+ concept. The wheel size has some really merit behind it and isn't so much a new standard as it is an evolution of the exisiting wide rim/tire thing that is already happening. WTB invented it and they intend the wheels to go into 29" bikes for a semi fat experience.

110x15mm though.. that can go eat a giant bag of dicks.

John U

MTB Precision
I like the fork and 27.5+ concept. The wheel size has some really merit behind it and isn't so much a new standard as it is an evolution of the exisiting wide rim/tire thing that is already happening. WTB invented it and they intend the wheels to go into 29" bikes for a semi fat experience.

110x15mm though.. that can go eat a giant bag of dicks.
Yeah, seriously though, it's 27.5 wheel fork for fat bike tyres. Just fuckin' call it that. They haven't really innovated on this one. Not that it appears to have stopped the flow of bullshit. "Concept" my arsehole.

110 * 15mm. It was always coming. Does anyone make 27.5 fat bikes at the moment? Unless they do it's not like it'll impact anyone, and if they do then it'll only impact a very small number of people.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From CTD to that new fork, Fox going from strength to strength........ Not even worth noting the 36 fork cause it's not new, they just re-released it and everyone fell for it.

This sums up my thoughts on the new fork.

This is silly since it's a new fork standard only so you can basically run 2001 downhill gear on your enduro fatbike hemaphrodite. Go double wides and 3.0 gazzoldis. Next year xxxyzx forks for 3000$.
Similar applies to people who want these wider rims all of a sudden, Mavic have been making the 729 for ages, why didn't you run that? Anything wider than a Flow EX is pointless.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Similar applies to people who want these wider rims all of a sudden, Mavic have been making the 729 for ages, why didn't you run that? Anything wider than a Flow EX is pointless.
I've been riding the 729 back from when it was a D321, awesome alround width, just weighed a ton. Now got some carbon rims for my AM bike exact same width, very happy.

Upgraded from a flow, 25 to 29mm internal dropped tyre pressures but 5 psi, noticable more traction without tyre squirm.