Pointless new standards - name and shame the "innovators".

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I get anxiety when there is a bump to this thread.

Great if you are shaq proportions. Rest of us are fine. Why not just go 36er... oh wait...
700c vs 750D is not significantly different. It's more a case of "fark you all, we will make you buy new stuff, peasants!"

29er rolls better than 26er wheels I guess, but 26 vs 650B seems just like this latest BS.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt

madstace

Likes Dirt

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
THE RESULTS?

Rolling resistance: third part tests showed that RR on rough surface is reduced up to 9%.
- sure, but why?
Even taking into account the added inserts weight, it always translates into faster climbing speed.
- sure, but why?

Tire pressure on the ground: massive 60% higher, bringing traction to a completely new level.

60% higher force per unit area??
that means either 37.5% less contact patch area, or 60% more local tyre pressure?
maybe if the rebound was FASTER so there was pressure spike, rather than air being slowed down?
doesn't make sense

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I mean, I'm no Fluid Dynamics Engineer, but air under pressure will be in every nook and cranny in that tyre. A 29 x 2.5 tyre has about 4litres of volume...a litre of air weighs 1.2ish grams. Filled to 30psi, thats 9.6grams of air, which they are not removing...just somehow manipulating it a bit, are they trying to make it spin with the tyre? would it do that already? or just be turbulent? In any case I've probably over-thought this already and you might be better off doing a big fart before you start your ride, or better yet out of a corner. BRAP!