Post up ya 4WD!

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody got any recommendations for canvas seat covers? not a whole lot available locally and it's pretty hard to tell what you're getting online so feedback on any particular brand/supplier is welcome

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Black duck seat covers do the trick on a few of our site vehicles and Ive been lookin at them for a while. They get treated like arse here with dust and rocks and mud and ore and people and so on and dont seem to rip at all. They are fairly exy though which Im not a fan of but if they last then fair enough. I have just a cheap shit pair of somewhat resembling canvas seat covers from super cheap on my navara at the moment that cost me about 10 bucks a seat, they seem to be surviving fine but I only drive the thing once every 5 weeks so its not really a fair comparison

floody

Wheel size expert
Yee Haw, Dirt Track Cowboy!! [insert 'rural' stereotypes]
:p
But seriously we must have a different sense of fun. I'll take tree lined/canopied technical trails and a window of horizon over flatlands and red gravel any day.

Last edited:

oriion

Likes Dirt
my beast.

400HP 351 cleveland
4 speed manual
Aircon
Dual 75L LPG
Dual 75L Fuel
Dual batteries

Goes like a champ.

IMAG0024.jpg

sam705

Likes Dirt
2006 SR Single cab Hilux.
2-3inch Rekon kit w/ fully adjustable, serviceable front struts. (Highly recommend this gear)
32inch MTZ's
109,000kms.

I've got a Buds Customs plate bar and sliders on their way, as well as flairs and bigger offset rims to suit.
New tray in future!

Also, my 2013 350sxf. Awesome bike.

1486783_10152446182548294_152247816_n.jpg

floody

Wheel size expert
I really miss my Hilux. I think I'll have to make it a goal to buy one to store away for a full restoration. Bucketloads of soul (not to mention ability).

Found out after it was sold that the buyer bought it to part out and restore a SWB version. Dem feels.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
I don't have a 4X4...I wish I had this one though :p

Just love the look of the RN46 Hiluxs, wouldn't mind getting one to play round with in the winter.
I found one of them out the middle of the bush the other day while 4wd'ing the other day, looked in pretty good nick as well, with keys left in ignition. Only thing was it was missing some mirrors and a stereo. In other news turns out Rn46 hilux's have similar mirrors to the 96 2.8's, and the aftermarket stereos fit in both as well, who woulda' thought?

floody

Wheel size expert
Hehe, mine still had a stock Toyota Ten AM/FM and in-dash speaker. Yeah I'm not surprised the mirrors are similar. Heaps of stuff interchanges between 1984 up to 2000 models, although there is also a lot of stuff on the early ('79-83) ones like mine which I found out looks similar but just a wee bit different. RN46 is closer to a Stout than the later Hiluxs.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Here's mine...

07 ML Triton,
Front bar, rear bar, rock sliders, 2" lift, light force 240 xgt's, winch, snorkel, ecutek engine tune, 32" bighorns on steel rims (a/t's on stock alloys as spare set), factory rear locker, arb front locker...

taquar

Likes Dirt
New to 4WD in Australia. I've got a lot of modifying to do.

*snip*
Lift, snorkel and muddies/ATs, bullbar, spotties, winch, towbar. That should do you for a while!

My Suzuki LJ80

31"s, 2 inch suspension lift and a few other mods.

*snip*

Nicko
Love it, that thing would be awesome fun! What's it like to handle on the road?

Here's my simple yet awesomely fun machine. Only has a 1.5" body lift, ATs, Bullbar, Spotties F+R and a winch. I've already gotten it dirty, because that's what it's for! It's a side-grade from the old 80 series, but it was too costly and the rust was starting to show. Still unbeatable on power though.

20140202_100505(2).jpg

This is what I used to be having fun with:

upload2.jpg

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
Well apparently I have the only LJ80 in existence with a decent steering box so Not too bad really. Very short wheelbase and a fair bit of lift so it isn't a race car but I could drive it every day without hassles. Will pull 100km/h although there is a bit of diff whine.

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
This is the shuttle rig after our ride yesterday. It was bought purely as a mountain bike accessory at the time, but I have since developed an appreciation for the hobby of driving it into and maybe out of difficult situations.

IMG_1466_zpsaa9f101b.jpg

IMG_1467_zpsa778cd66.jpg

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Another Land Rover for me!

This time a 2014 Defender 90. Picked it up 10 day ago. I now have 2 of these :laugh: 13 years between them!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Another Land Rover for me!

This time a 2014 Defender 90. Picked it up 10 day ago. I now have 2 of these :laugh: 13 years between them!
Awesome man!

Ive currently got a 95 tdi disco that just wont die... they really grown on you!