Post up ya 4WD!

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
Thats awesome mate, nice work on the cruiser but I really want a TowJoe....just prefer them over the regualr 4WD...

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very, very nice. I always loved the FJ40 SWB. How much have you spent on it roughly? If you don't mind me asking.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Here's my trio of Landys, although the green series3(old one) just got sold and drove away a few minutes ago. Silver Disco is for sale.

Daisy69

Likes Bikes
not the place or time.

ive got a 86 toyota 4runner.lifted,good 32inch muddies 4.88 centers, worked 2ltr. will do around 400k from 40 ltrs.good ole truck for its age, go anywhere the big boys go to.im thinkin of selling her on as my hq one tonner taking up to much money.an as for the parabolics being used only for heavy trucks, umm no thts nottrue, hilux ones are readily available, if its to stiff take some leafs out.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Nice man, has everything you need already on it.
How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?
Personally, not a fan of the extra cabs but lose the tail/drop gates and should look even better!

And to everyone, how to you go about painting sunnys?
Is it better to take all tyres off and sandblast and powdercoat them or the easier way, sand back original paint, apply couple of layers of primer and then a few layers of paint?

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Triton t/diesel at Stockton today. First time on the sand, had a ball.
4wd-Yes
Practical-No

I really Cant see the point of buying a car like this with the clearance levels etc. They dont build new fourby's to go off road like they used to ;). Vehicle companys deffinition of off-road is the average dirt road ha. But good on ya for getting in there and having a go, good to see you liked it ;)

cvbass

Likes Dirt
Flex issues on that Jeep with 35's?
Nah not at all, here is a pic of it flexed on 33"s. It has slightly less flex now because of longer bumpstops, but all it needs is a 1" BL to get back to the same. It has good droop, so it's stable and still plenty of travel. Low is better!
It's for sale too, if anyone in WA wants one? ;)

Last edited:

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Well, to go with my shorty way back on the first page of this thread I have now added me another old luxy....yeeeeeeeah back in a lux again. Oh how I missed that rough as guts ride, poor brakes, poor handling and lack of power steering.
Bog stock 84 dual cab hilux, was an SR5 but the AC and PS have been pinched off it for another lux. Motor is not a 3Y but a newer beasty 2.4L petrol with monsterous 31" tyres, no lift and a nice little rack I made for the bikes on the back. Fits 5 inside, room for 6 or 7 bikes in the tray.....gold!:D