Post up ya 4WD!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Just pick this up yesterday :)
:cool: Nice one mate, looks nice and tidy. Love the Troopys and love the split steel rims. I've got a 1990 FJ75 Troopy, 3F engine on petrol/gas.
What year is yours? Diesel or petrol? and what do you plan to do with it?

twisty

Likes Bikes
:cool: Nice one mate, looks nice and tidy. Love the Troopys and love the split steel rims. I've got a 1990 FJ75 Troopy, 3F engine on petrol/gas.
What year is yours? Diesel or petrol? and what do you plan to do with it?
Mines a 2001 diesel. When i get enough money i might chuck a winch on there and some spotters

reillyh123

Likes Dirt
this is my trusty steed,

roughly 4" lift, 33" wranglers, HID spotties, uhf, cd player and other junk.

4wding is hard work, i just needed a break..

with her fuel savers on..

niki125

Likes Dirt
Might want to blur out you number plate in the other shots as well if your worried about insurance issues. Nice rig.

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thought i would post up my cruiser ute. needs another two inch lift now i put the 35's on it. runs front and rear arb air lockers. currently making up some rock sliders for it. and have another tjm bullbar with bush rails to go on it. all just a matter of getting round to it.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Nice mate!
What year is your 75?
I've got a 93 75 series which im currently putting 33's on and possibly throwing in a body lift.
Are they 35inch A/T's?

Elbo

nice ute blackjack!

sam705, have you got pics of your ute? I had a look back through the posts and there were a couple but they weren't working. Post some up. I will have to keep an eye out for you around Albury/Wodonga.

Went out the back of Yackandandah a couple of weeks ago. Just myself and the dog getting out exploring the tracks. Went down to Wallaby Mine, met a guy panning there and he showed me some tracks, good to get a hand from someone in the know. Here's a pic of the Troopy anyway (1990, petrol/gas), and the fold down table/new doorcards I recently made for the back door (doesn't hold a huge amount of weight, but holds enough to make lunch on, which is what I made it for.)

Attachments

sam705

Likes Dirt
Hey Elbo!
Im currently driving my old mans new ute (bronze 97 75 series) until he gets toolboxes made up for the tray as he is a mobile farm machinery mechanic. Once they are made i get his old ute (white 93 75 series). Not long now, probably only a month or two away from getting my hands on it. I should be picking up my 33's in the next few weeks.

There are some good tracks out behind Yack!
I frequent them quite a bit, and if you're ever up for it, im keen to show you around. Long Tom, Infinity, Tank slides ect.

Heres a pic of my old mans ute and one of my brother hilux which you may have seen around!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
Just wondering, does anyone know much about the capabilities of the 4x4 Holden Colorado and late rodeos' in relation to 4wd and modifications servicing ect. Has anyone had any problems with these cars?

I'm in the market for one of the two, 2nd hand.

Thanks in advance.

Mr Sheen

Likes Dirt
Just wondering, does anyone know much about the capabilities of the 4x4 Holden Colorado and late rodeos' in relation to 4wd and modifications servicing ect. Has anyone had any problems with these cars?

Thanks in advance.
Pretty limited in regards to off road ability and mods. Unless you want to spend a fortune. You would honestly be better of with a hilux. I build custom 4X4's for a living and there really isnt that much available for them. Saying that though , it all depends on what your idea of off road is. The will cope easy with light duty stuff. Service wise there pretty straight forward.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Thanks in advance.
Brother had an 06 rodeo which blew a gearbox at about 50000km. He towed a small fishing boat with it which was only about 1T.
He now has a 06 Triton GLXR and after being a toyota fanboy all his life he's finally converted to the mitsi way, even went out and bought a new lancer for his wife.

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
it all depends on what your idea of off road is. The will cope easy with light duty stuff. Service wise there pretty straight forward.
Yea I'm not looking to crawl up walls, just something ill be able to get up eroded fire trails, beach driving, camping, towing, shallow rivers y'know nothing extreme just a car that'll get by well. I have thought about a lux but in comparison with price, safety(dads a nut about that) ect. I found myself leaning towards the holden.

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate, there a bit up from an all terrain. there cooper st. and yea there 35x12 inch. needs more lift haha

Elbo

Hey Elbo!
Im currently driving my old mans new ute (bronze 97 75 series) until he gets toolboxes made up for the tray as he is a mobile farm machinery mechanic. Once they are made i get his old ute (white 93 75 series). Not long now, probably only a month or two away from getting my hands on it. I should be picking up my 33's in the next few weeks.

There are some good tracks out behind Yack!
I frequent them quite a bit, and if you're ever up for it, im keen to show you around. Long Tom, Infinity, Tank slides ect.

Heres a pic of my old mans ute and one of my brother hilux which you may have seen around!
Nice! I have seen the hilux around town, but not the landcruiser. Will feel good to have your own landcruiser when you get it anyway. I love mine. Are you able to fit the 33's without any other mods or do you have to do a 2" lift to fit them?
Thanks for the offer. Sounds good, I'll let you know if I head out behind Yack again. Would be good to learn some of the tracks from someone in the know.