post up your bmx (s)

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Yeah I want some ody pcs too....
*waits on rhysrhysbaby and trailst4r*

ODYSSEY TWISTED PC - MY REVIEW
I originally got the PC's as i HATED..i mean HATED my JC's. I wanted a well priced pedal that had a nice large platform, was well grippy and would take a heap of pedal grinds. After looking on dans i figured the PC's would be alright if i got a few pairs of them, thinking they'd wear quite quickly since they are made of plastic. If they didnt work out, i hadnt really lost as i got them at 11USD a set.
First impressions - They gripped better than my JC's, but still had the same large platform feel. They arent ultra grippy like my DMR V8's on my mountain bike were, but that was a little too much grip.
The first week or so of pedal grinds wore through the plastic pins like hot knife to a block of butter and i figured theyd be good for a month due to the amount of initial wear. From the beginning they showed no signs of flexing, or the plastic body cracking under the pressure of my size 13s. The spindle and bearings seemed to be holding up well.
Long term - The wear from pedal grinds seemed to reduce the more i grinded them as the body itself doesnt wear as quick as the pins initially. Spindle and body are holding up well. no bends in teh spendle or cracks in the body. the bearings could probably do with a bit of a service or tighten, but im not going to do that to a 15dollar pedal, ill just throw another set on.
the pins that arent being grinded on pedal grinds are still holding up well with very little wear.

negatives - they suck when ANY water is involved, so if you ride trails or in the rain i wouldnt get them.

summary - they are a cheap pedal, no doubt about it, which is either a plus or negative depending on how you see it. i thionk its great as my pedals take a real beating, so i would be worried about spending $150 on rubens every six months. I like them and will probably keep running my same pair for another few months as they are holding up alot better than first thought.

if that makes no sense, ask me some questions, but i hope ive covered everything.

tld_06

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Frame: WeThePeople Frenzy, 19" TT, Rawed and clearcoated
Fork: SE Bikes
Rear Wheel: Odyssey Hazard Lite on Odyssey Cassette Hub
Front Wheel: Alex G303 on SE Bikes
Front Brake: Brakes slow you down
Rear Brake: Tektro, Joywire Cable
Bar/Stem: SE Bikes (really good rise)
Seat: SE Bikes
Cranks/BB: Coming soon

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took a couple of better pics of mine, plus painted my pedals black. Sold my current rear wheel, so I'll soon be ordering a primo mix hub on proper rim probably.

Archi

Likes Dirt
Just ordered some Delarosa Grips about 5 minutes ago, as well as Hindsight 3 ;)
Should be here tomorrow or friday ;D
eerrr wow, you ordered grips and a video of which you could walk to the newsagents to get, but OMG youll get a free strictly sticker!!scenepoints!!! cool.

X, that bike is looking mad!

Last edited: