post up your bmx (s)

RB 24

Likes Dirt
8 year olds new ride

Hey guys,

here is a pic of my sons new ride.

LDC expert frame.
All LDC components. brakes/lever/stem/clamp/cranks/chainring.
Bombshell carbon bars.
Speedline chain.
Crupi Ti BB
Crupi Rythym wheel set.
Sinz Seat and post.
ITS MK2 tires.

a few other bits and pieces.

this bad boy weighs in at 4.9kg without pedals. He uses Xpedo Ti clipless.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
well obviously the lighter the better for racing. although there are negatives for going any lighter. look at the maths to it.

I weigh 75 kg. my race bike weighs 10kg. so body mass vs bike mass = 1/7th of my body weight.

my boys bike . he weighs 30 kgs bike weighs 5 kgs. so body mass vs bike mass = 1/6th of his mass.

the problem is that if he is jumping and a gust of wind hits him it would put him off balance. I havent felt many bikes as light as this one. most bikes of this size (19"tt) complete would weigh around the 7kg mark.

even saying this we can drop probably another 300 to 400 grams with a super light weight wheel set and more Ti or carbon bits. but it comes at a high cost.

this bike came direct from Arizona. so if any of you do any racing in Vic keep an eye out for Easy 120 on his new rig.

thanks for the comments guys.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
ha ha ha thanks Steve. it is a weapon no doubt about it.

an hour after getting it. he was jumping Lilydale (vic) 3rd straight clean sweep.

sorry for heaps of posts but damn.. I am a proud Dad.

Arete

Likes Dirt
Your bike looks real nice Arete.
And is that your backyard? Looks good for some trails I think.
Cheers, unfortunately they're building a house in that bit but I do have 1/2 an acre of bare dirt on our side of the fence, but 60hr weeks = no time for digging/no friends who ride bikes. When there is spare time I ride.

MICK...

Likes Dirt
ha ha ha thanks Steve. it is a weapon no doubt about it.

an hour after getting it. he was jumping Lilydale (vic) 3rd straight clean sweep.

sorry for heaps of posts but damn.. I am a proud Dad.
Man, 8 years old and he's to that standard already....

I'd be proud too.