Post your 29er!

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Picked this up over the weekend on a clearance sale. My first foray into the world of big wheels (well, not including roadies).

2014 Jamis Dragon Sport 29 - stock as stock can be.

Hope to get it well and truly dirty next weekend.
That looks really nice Jay, I love a nice simple steel frame.

Have fun!

Hud

Likes Dirt
Sir9

Here is my '08 SIR9 in its current guise.
(29+ plus) 3inch Vee tyre co tyre mounted to a velocity Dually 45mm rim.
Also back to SS ;)
Steams along pretty well though the gyrscopic effect is quite pronounced so it needs to be thrown into corners.
Grip is great.

Attachments

Mitten

Likes Bikes
Here is my '08 SIR9 in its current guise.
(29+ plus) 3inch Vee tyre co tyre mounted to a velocity Dually 45mm rim.
Also back to SS ;)
Steams along pretty well though the gyrscopic effect is quite pronounced so it needs to be thrown into corners.
Grip is great.
I love that bike:)

fitzroybikeco

Likes Dirt
GT Xizang

15661693304_5ea7b3c34d_b.jpg

Hi Guys, started to get my Xizang to look a bit more like a bike today, need a few bits but should be a blast with XX1 and carbon hoops to chris king hubs. Hopeing to have it up and running by The MONT and under 9kg with dropper and pedals.

russ

Klips

Likes Dirt
That is a very light bike, if you can do it. What exotic parts will be in the build? Also, what's the frame/fork weight?

fitzroybikeco

Likes Dirt
That is a very light bike, if you can do it. What exotic parts will be in the build? Also, what's the frame/fork weight?
Specs are below, comes in at 8273 grams at the moment. I need to weight the current set up to see how close it is. I know the fork weights 1.53kgs as I had it weighed in the LBS today. The stem pictured is just there until I get the Enve. The numbers in the doc below are from the product specs so they won't be 100%. Will weight the current set up tomorrow to see what the actual is. at a guess it will be a fraction over 3.5 kgs as it is. This is just a guess based on the fork weight and how it feels.

Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 9.46.18 pm.jpg

cheers, russ

a.brasington

Likes Bikes
Never thought I would like a GT, but that frame looks awesome! Can't wait to see the build. Sub 9kg for a bike with a dropper post would be great!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Specs are below, comes in at 8273 grams at the moment. I need to weight the current set up to see how close it is. I know the fork weights 1.53kgs as I had it weighed in the LBS today. The stem pictured is just there until I get the Enve. The numbers in the doc below are from the product specs so they won't be 100%. Will weight the current set up tomorrow to see what the actual is. at a guess it will be a fraction over 3.5 kgs as it is. This is just a guess based on the fork weight and how it feels.

View attachment 306044

cheers, russ
Hey Russ...

In your calc sheet, because you have a "g" in the XX1 chainset weight, it isn't adding it as a number.
Guide brake weight you have is per end (otherwise they'd be amazing).
Chucked some actual weights into your spreadsheet (google images + my own builds) and I think you're realistically looking at 10.5kg.
You had also omitted a few items, chain, cassette, stans, headset.

Not trying to be an arse... just don't want you scratching your head when your sub 9kg plan turns to 10kg+

As soon as I saw Thomson dropper I knew it couldn't be sub 9kg.
(also ignore that I put Cking pf30.. it's threaded)

xizang.jpg

fitzroybikeco

Likes Dirt
Hey Russ...

In your calc sheet, because you have a "g" in the XX1 chainset weight, it isn't adding it as a number.
Chucked some actual weights into your spreadsheet (google images + my own builds) and I think you're realistically looking at 10.5kg.

Not trying to be an arse... just don't want you scratching your head when your sub 9kg plan turns to 10kg+

View attachment 306052
Thanks Ackland, I was actually wondering how it came in so light, will be interesting to see where it ends up, Sub 10 will be the goal, might have to leave the pedals off....

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Thanks Ackland, I was actually wondering how it came in so light, will be interesting to see where it ends up, Sub 10 will be the goal, might have to leave the pedals off....
Any way you look at it, the bike will ride really nicely.

I've given SS a bit of a rest and am hitting very similar avg times on my 10.4KG Jet 9 RDO dual sus at my sub 8kg One 9 RDO SS....

I think it mainly comes down to wheel build really, weight for accel and build quality for stiffness/power transfer.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hey Russ...

Party pooper .....