Post your 29er!

Klips

Likes Dirt
Thanks gents, I was wondering how a frame that weighed a kilo more than mine was going to shed a lot of weight without resorting to Tune parts, which seemed a bit odd on a GT.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Kenda karma 29x2.2. They came off a new charge cooker that I had a while ago - I didn't like the tan wall lol. But this was a budget build and I think it doesn't really matter for a monster frankenbike haha.

frank_n

Likes Dirt
Had the full transplant yesterday. Weighs in at 12.1Kg so not as light as some but I've not gone for super light components.
Took it for the shakedown ride this morning. The shifting is precise with minimal lever movement. I'll be getting in more Ks over the weekend
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422061704.221813.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422061725.686606.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422061741.354109.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422061760.323454.jpg

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Thought I'd get around posting up a pic of my 2012 Anthem
Shale Road.jpg

Just renewed the drive line with an XT cassette, big ring and a Blackspire granny ring.

Coopz

Likes Dirt
After 3 months of scouring the Rotorburn classifieds, Gumtree and various bike shops I finally bought a Cell Awaba (on special). First proper ride today, still getting the ergonomics fine tuned but its proving to be a lot of fun, much better/more agile than the heavy dualie I used to have:)

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a phoenix rises....

View attachment 308115

Tallboy2 C - Small
120mm forks, rp23 shock
2x10 XT gear, Hope bb and Race Face aeffect flats
XT brakes with 160 rotors
Hope hubs, LB carbon rims, DT db spokes, brass nipples, tubeless
Truvativ noir carbon bars, esi racers edge grips, RF 60mm trubine stem
Truvativ noir carbon seatpost with SDG allure saddle

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
a phoenix rises....

View attachment 308115

Tallboy2 C - Small
120mm forks, rp23 shock
2x10 XT gear, Hope bb and Race Face aeffect flats
XT brakes with 160 rotors
Hope hubs, LB carbon rims, DT db spokes, brass nipples, tubeless
Truvativ noir carbon bars, esi racers edge grips, RF 60mm trubine stem
Truvativ noir carbon seatpost with SDG allure saddle
Eastie, how many of you are there,

I'm sure JD has been here to, but guys our general size who make big 29'ers look like normal bikes don't have much luck with schwalbe, any version, any offering.

View attachment 308118

I love rons, and ron rear/nic front as a 29er combo, in fact I've not found anything to match it really but my experience says for me they will fail (had 5 all sliced by rock that were not repairable).

(pics for graphic reference, I'm a dentist so I can't show my face...and so some mongrel doesn't post my mug on the next express post bag... Guess this shows one of the reasons I copped snickers as a nickname - 20% more chest)

One thinks he is large, the other rides a small tallboy ?

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, this isn't my ride, it's for the wench. Scored a frame replacement and with my exceptional negotiation skills managed to score a small frame to replace my old blue large one. I've still got the LTc.
Pretty damn fine little unit, nice lines, no toe overlap, great handling and fast. The bike is good also.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Had the full transplant yesterday. Weighs in at 12.1Kg so not as light as some but I've not gone for super light components.
Took it for the shakedown ride this morning. The shifting is precise with minimal lever movement. I'll be getting in more Ks over the weekend
View attachment 306511

Are you happy with the Shifter placement? I am using gripshift on my 11sp XTR, but would like to go to a trigger and the only one that would work is the bar mount like yours. I am worried I will struggle to get it into the right position.

Also, be careful of the clamping force you use on those haven bars. I have seen one with some serious creasing and indentation from brake/shifter clamps.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you happy with the Shifter placement? I am using gripshift on my 11sp XTR, but would like to go to a trigger and the only one that would work is the bar mount like yours. I am worried I will struggle to get it into the right position. Also, be careful of the clamping force you use on those haven bars. I have seen one with some serious creasing and indentation from brake/shifter clamps.
You can get a problem solvers adapter to run a sham 11x trigger with shimano brakes.