Post your 29er!

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Multi function Flash

Just a few pics of the other half's bike.

Two months ago it did the 100km Odyssey as a race bike.

Change tyres, add a pannier rack and bags, lights, etc

Next week it will be a long distance road tourer.

Last edited:

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Latest incarnation of my specialized stumpy.

bars are now woodchippers, thanks to salsa
surly ridgid fork
1x9 setup with bar end shifter.
feels good in the carpark just need to tweak the gears and I'll have a crack off road, should prove a few laughs.

JP

Likes Dirt

surly ridgid fork
feels good in the carpark just need to tweak the gears and I'll have a crack off road, should prove a few laughs.
Monstercross! 2 thumbs up!

JP

Likes Dirt

surly ridgid fork
How do you find the bar end shifter?

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do you find the bar end shifter?
just like everyone else has said :D they are OK just need to make sure your have the gear you want before you hit anything a little technical. They are set up as friction shifters not index so getting gears can be a little hit & miss to.

black rider

Likes Dirt
My 29er...

There's a GT Peace 9r frame hiding under the dirt. Wheels are Stan's flows laced to Hopes running on 2.2 Race Kings. Bars are Ragley Carnegie's. Paint is :confused:. It also likes playing pirate:

robalert

Cannon Fodder
My new 29er at Mont 24hr 2011

Hiya

Just did my first 24hr enduro but as a team of 6. As usual, the back hammering from Kohen state forest limited me to 2 laps... then the rain got the better of us.

I love the ride of the 29er, especially climbing and rolling ability. It seems tho, an increasing rutted worn track is too hard for even a 29er... a duallie would have been easier of the spine.

Attachments

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My 29er dually: Epic S-Works 29er

The bike is stock and fully built weighs around 10.5kg.

How can a bike be this good? Rode it for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and I was giggling like a schoolgirl. It just smoothed everything out, and made me feel like the limiting factor.

On the second ride on it, I scored my first ever podium finish at Woodend. Admittedly I was the slower rider in a fast pair, nevertheless it was a factor in me being able to deliver consistent if not flash times, right up until the last lap.

Arguably, as the event was at Woodend, my 26er dually might've enabled me to finish with a faster lap time, but not overall.

I've never ridden a smoother, more composed bike. Period.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Nice unit - what was the stock weight if you don't mind me asking (and if you weighed it!)? I'm considering picking one up as a commuter once the old wrist repairs itself!

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
The bike is stock and fully built weighs around 10.5kg.

How can a bike be this good? Rode it for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and I was giggling like a schoolgirl. It just smoothed everything out, and made me feel like the limiting factor.

On the second ride on it, I scored my first ever podium finish at Woodend. Admittedly I was the slower rider in a fast pair, nevertheless it was a factor in me being able to deliver consistent if not flash times, right up until the last lap.

Arguably, as the event was at Woodend, my 26er dually might've enabled me to finish with a faster lap time, but not overall.

I've never ridden a smoother, more composed bike. Period.
Man, you went all out, nice one. Lusted hard after the carbon epics, but ultimately decided to put my wallet away :p

Enjoy it, that is one amazing bike!