Post your 29er!

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New wheels and tyres to come when I can spare some cash.

Very nice bike. What tyres are you going to put on? I have the same bike (love it) and tyres will be my first change outside pedals.

Cheers,

Coaster

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So.......after demo'ing a Stumpy Comp 29er (I was looking at the Carbon) and the Big Top, guess which one won?
Looks very nice, last Yeti I owned was a 575 and if they had a 29er available back then I would have built one up. Reckon you have the build just right for a very fast HT XC bike.

Did you spend much time on a bike fit, i.e. stem/bars - looks like a pretty aggressive set up. What riding will you mainly do? cheers.

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
Right.....I'll answer in order of questions posed!

@mtb101; Not much time spent on fit actually. In fact, none. But let me caveat that by saying I demo'ed one which fit me perfectly - no, really! - which was owned by the shop mechanic who did my build. So I simply asked him to set it up basically the same and made some minor tweaks myself. I'll go back for a follow up fit after a few more rides to dial it in for sure.

It is an aggressive setup, which is what I wanted. I mainly ride XC, from dirt crits up to 6 hour jobbies, so wanted something punchy and fast as opposed to a cruisier dually rig. I disposed of a Cannondale Rush to buy the Yeti.

@casnell & jathanas; the bathroom scales - which is all I have as I'm not too stressed about bike weight - tip in at 10.5 kg's, which feels about right. Not the lightest rig around for sure, but since it's basically that right out of the box, can't say I'm unhappy!

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm sure you'll be stoked with the beast mate! :) Wishing you many happy hours n the trail.

@mtb101; Not much time spent on fit actually. In fact, none. But let me caveat that by saying I demo'ed one which fit me perfectly - no, really! - which was owned by the shop mechanic who did my build. So I simply asked him to set it up basically the same and made some minor tweaks myself. I'll go back for a follow up fit after a few more rides to dial it in for sure.

It is an aggressive setup, which is what I wanted. I mainly ride XC, from dirt crits up to 6 hour jobbies, so wanted something punchy and fast as opposed to a cruisier dually rig. I disposed of a Cannondale Rush to buy the Yeti.

@casnell & jathanas; the bathroom scales - which is all I have as I'm not too stressed about bike weight - tip in at 10.5 kg's, which feels about right. Not the lightest rig around for sure, but since it's basically that right out of the box, can't say I'm unhappy!

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Very nice bike. What tyres are you going to put on? I have the same bike (love it) and tyres will be my first change outside pedals.

Cheers,

Coaster
Thanks for that. I'm going to give Racing Ralphs a go. I've used Nobby Nics on 26" bikes before, but never the Ralphs. In a 29er, Racing Ralphs have a good size bag and many good ride reports, so thats enough for me to give them a shot.
Cheers.

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt

That's not bad - my ARC weighs 10.0 as a 1x9, but goes better than my old Scott Scale 20 which was 9.5.

Where did you get it? I know Ben at Trailmix has one...

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
That's not bad - my ARC weighs 10.0 as a 1x9, but goes better than my old Scott Scale 20 which was 9.5.

Where did you get it? I know Ben at Trailmix has one...
In which case, you know where I got it from and whose bike I demo'd.......:cool:

That weight is bathroom scales without pedals.....I would put too much faith in its accuracy!

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Sneak peak...

Proper nice.

Thats really light. The XL Spec I am on is 1150gm wiith seat collar and plastic bb cup things, and fully built comes in at exactly 9kg.

I have a feeling that you will do the frame justice with parts selection too.
Why not go crazy and put on a Left Carbon fork - under 1300grms...

You could get a 8.5kg 29er pretty easily.....

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still have Yeti love... but new sponsor :) (Velosophy)

More than 800g lighter than the Yeti frame... that will become a singlespeed rigid steed...
Hanging out to learn how you're going to build it. Either way, just be prepared to amaze yourself on the climbs, if you procure a light wheelset...

tate6969

Likes Bikes
Let me know if you figure out how to keep it clean!
I have enough of a hard time keeping my scott addict clean because it's got the same matte black paint job. The spark which has the paint scheme before the matte series cleans up no trouble.

Gripo

Eats Squid
SC Tallboy

I have succumbed....and I'm happy about that.....the big wheels definately have their purpose in mtbiking.

Round 24.6lbs fully dressed, in it's 1x10spd configuration....

Attachments