Post your 29er!

Big JD

Wheel size expert
you are a shit stirrer

^^ Cool work there JD. Very "retro".

Is running a roadie gear ratio and an easier off-road ratio cheating? Not saying you are using these 2 ratios as an unethical cycling performance enhancement, just putting it out there. It's all good, I don't judge... :fish2:
Jathanus - you are putting it out there arent you - you are suggesting because I have two gears it isnt a SS. I have one Yarra trails gear and one for all other trails. Does retro mean classic or old fashioned?

Dont you get all politically correct and hipster on me now.

Last edited:

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Have had this for a couple of weeks quietly to myself. But wanted to wait until the wheels arrived and post up one picture. Weighed in at 10.1kgs as seen in the picture. Haven't actually ridden the ENVE wheels yet so cant comment. Although they did drop 300 odd grams over the stock DT Swiss wheels.

The bike itself is a gem the cool little addition functionally over the alloy Element of last year is the Xloc on the rear shock, basically turns the rear end into a full lock out.

IMG_8900.jpg

Big thanks need to go out to sponsors iRide Bikes, Adventure Brands (Rocky Mountain), Monza sports (Leyzne, Garneau & ENVE) and Bike Box (Schwable). Sorry for the promotion but there is no way I would be able to afford this best of gear without their generous support.

quiggs

Last edited:

softek

Likes Dirt
Have had this for a couple of weeks quietly to myself. But wanted to wait until the wheels arrived and post up one picture. Weighed in at 10.1kgs as seen in the picture. Haven't actually ridden the ENVE wheels yet so cant comment. Although they did drop 300 odd grams over the stock DT Swiss wheels.

The bike itself is a gem the cool little addition functionally over the alloy Element of last year is the Xloc on the rear shock, basically turns the rear end into a full lock out.

View attachment 258172

Big thanks need to go out to sponsors iRide Bikes, Adventure Brands (Rocky Mountain), Monza sports (Leyzne, Garneau & ENVE) and Bike Box (Schwable). Sorry for the promotion but there is no way I would be able to afford this best of gear without their generous support.

quiggs
that is so sweet mate, have you considered XX1? it be even LIGHTER

Big JD

Wheel size expert
just thought you would hold back till you could include the wheels - f*ck me Quiggs, thats a weapon

quiggs

Likes Dirt
that is so sweet mate, have you considered XX1? it be even LIGHTER
Nah didn't cost played a big factor in it and I also like to have all the components interchangeable across my bikes especially when doing 24hr races. Less headaches if something breaks and needs to be swapped over to another bike.

just thought you would hold back till you could include the wheels - f*ck me Quiggs, thats a weapon
Of all people JD, only you would come up with that remark :boom: I loved the element 29 of last year and the fully pimped carbon version is just amazingly incredible, so looking forward to Easter to ride this bike at stromlo particularly when things start getting real rocky early on Sunday morning.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Of all people JD, only you would come up with that remark :boom: I loved the element 29 of last year and the fully pimped carbon version is just amazingly incredible, so looking forward to Easter to ride this bike at stromlo particularly when things start getting real rocky early on Sunday morning.
Very noice!! I even like the paintjob ;-)
and how schmick do those ENVE rims look!!!
Re: the 24, the Vertex to start off with then the 999 when the back needs a small break?

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Very noice!! I even like the paintjob ;-)
and how schmick do those ENVE rims look!!!
Re: the 24, the Vertex to start off with then the 999 when the back needs a small break?
Yeah thats the plan Court, ride the HT till Lights on then on to the Element, Stromlo can beat you up after 12 or so hours rocks start to appear in what was seemingly smooth single track, might even try and steal a set of 2nd ENVEs from a fellow iRide teammate there is a lot of sets floating around now in the team.

dont get me wrong Quiggie - I f*ckin love it

just lying down the bling
took as a compliment JD!

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Very very nice rocky! I saw that Mel Anset has taken delivery of an Enve'd Rocky also. Same 'team'?

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Very very nice rocky! I saw that Mel Anset has taken delivery of an Enve'd Rocky also. Same 'team'?
Same team indeed - Team 999! :)
Mel is already lightning fast......the girls (and boys) are going to have their work cut out even more to hold her wheel.......