Post your 29er!

Win

Likes Dirt
I think it works well, I just did the Wombat last weekend, my first experience with both 2x10 and a 29er. It worked well!
I would have thought a 32 would be a perfect front chain ring around Wombat
You were not up and down the front too much or are you an elite rider that can ride around in 39 all day?

ray

Likes Bikes
My first ever self built effort!

So here it is, XL Niner Air9...bought the frame and wheel set off a member here, bought the rest in and built it up last week, hav'nt had a ride yet, other than around the block, it feels great, fits perfectly, will be getting it's debut at the race at Awaba in a couple of weeks..it proudly sits along side my 29er Solo One...and am looking for a dualie to complete the 29er set.

Reckon it's about the nicest looking bike i've had....

Attachments

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Very nice mate - what travel are you running on the front? I would imagine it's 100mm, but for some reason it looks a tad longer? Maybe it's just the picture/angle

ray

Likes Bikes
Cheers,

120mm....I like lots of travel and the forks are tunable so can back it off if need be.

Ray

trickle

Likes Dirt
Holy shit bags that Air9 looks HUGE!

Great frame and you will love it! I have one in atomic blue. I'm running 80mm minutes and have found them very suprising in performance.

Good luck with the race!

ray

Likes Bikes
thanks...it does seem a big bike oddly...I'm 6'4 and it seems big, i have a solo one with 80mm Reba's on, i'll swap them out after a few rides to see how it goes...but i am a big travel fan so wil no doubt leave 'em on.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Well done Ray

thanks...it does seem a big bike oddly...I'm 6'4 and it seems big, i have a solo one with 80mm Reba's on, i'll swap them out after a few rides to see how it goes...but i am a big travel fan so wil no doubt leave 'em on.
Looks great mate well done. Dont believe you can lower the travel on the Minutes (cant on mine). It would be super racey in 80mm mode, perfect alrounder with 100 and a little vague @ 120mm. If you are around Melbourne you can borrow my FS 29er (Turner) as there are few tall enough to throw a leg over it - it is very beefie compared to the Air.
JD

Big JD

Wheel size expert
thank you

Thanks John,

If you are at the You Yangs at all this weekend you are more than welcome to take it for a ride.
I will keep an eye out for you and do a quick swap. Have fun and make sure you try Travs newly designed Boulder Run.
John

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
I would have thought a 32 would be a perfect front chain ring around Wombat
You were not up and down the front too much or are you an elite rider that can ride around in 39 all day?
I certainly switched a good fews times between the rings, but didnt think it moreso than I would on a 3ring set up. and no way, I aint Elite!

longxc

Likes Bikes
Someone executed your idea!!

longxc - could you please PM me your address, where you keep your spare keys and the times of day that you're not at home...

so.much.win.
Yep no shit!! asked if it had been sent yet last night and was sent the tracking number, turns out someone(won't mention the name) signed for my parcel at work at 7:08am in the morning and so far have had no luck today in tracking it down :(

Thing is though if it was just about the cost I wouldn't mind so much but the fact that it was made specifically for me and all the waiting I've had to do...meh

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep no shit!! asked if it had been sent yet last night and was sent the tracking number, turns out someone(won't mention the name) signed for my parcel at work at 7:08am in the morning and so far have had no luck today in tracking it down :(

Thing is though if it was just about the cost I wouldn't mind so much but the fact that it was made specifically for me and all the waiting I've had to do...meh
Justifiable homicide, I'd say.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
fffffff.

Surely between fedex/parcelpost/thylacine/content it is insured somewhere...

that sucks big time. anyone with a titanium 29er in canberra had better be able to ride pretty fucking quickly.

I'm assuming that your work is not open at 7am? Postie or Workmate?

Pitchfork time.

tomacropod

Likes Dirt

Bike details? I'll keep a look out.

- Joel

ViS

Likes Dirt
Mine :)

Here's my 29er.

2010 XTC 29-1 with the following upgrades:

XT shifters and brakes.

185mm avid front rotor (shown with avid 160mm)

Truvativ firex cranks

XT clipless pedals

Raceface deus XC 660mm low riser bars and 90mm stem (upside down).

American classic tubeless wheels running stans goo.

Maxxis ignitor front tyre

Kenda Nevegal rear tyre.

Selle Italia SLR XC saddle (shown with velo SL.Z3 saddle).

ODI rogue lock on grips.

11.5 kgs with some room to drop weight.

ViS

Likes Dirt
A good start would be getting rid of these 2 things I reckon. :D
Nice bike.
lol yeah true. I just really like the grips and was given the 185mm rotor by a mate, so figured I'd give it a go. It makes braking a pleasure, so for the sake of 40 grams, I'll live with it. I think the big wheels need the bigger rotor to combat the rotational force.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lol yeah true. I just really like the grips and was given the 185mm rotor by a mate, so figured I'd give it a go. It makes braking a pleasure, so for the sake of 40 grams, I'll live with it. I think the big wheels need the bigger rotor to combat the rotational force.

Plenty of argument out there on that point.
I run 160's front and rear with no issues and weigh 85kg.