Post your 29er!

Sashinka

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

Just a pic of my new spot rocker 29er. Its steel not ti in case you are wandering and rides brilliantly - better than my 26inch in every situation.
Super fun to ride, agile, light and rolls over everything..Spot_1_web.jpg

bt100

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

Just a pic of my new spot rocker 29er. Its steel not ti in case you are wandering and rides brilliantly - better than my 26inch in every situation.
Super fun to ride, agile, light and rolls over everything..View attachment 208570
Very nice. What weight does it come in at. I'm looking to build a steal SS and it looks like it has SS specific adjustable drop outs.

Sashinka

Likes Bikes
Very nice. What weight does it come in at. I'm looking to build a steal SS and it looks like it has SS specific adjustable drop outs.
Cheers. Well the weight using the scientific method of holding the bike while on digital bathroom scales came in at just under 11kg. You could make it lighter
with a few expensive upgrades but I love it how it is - durable. Running tubes too as the race kings were nearly impossible to seat anyway.

The frame is great as you can run it single speed, geared, or with the gates belt drive system. The frame actually can be opened to accommodate the belt drive.
I am running 1 by 10 with an XO 11- 36 cassette. Check out the spot brand site.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw one of these Spot clear coated frames on the weekend. I love how you can still see the weld discolourations. Nice bike.:joyous::applause:

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not to mention that the Spot has one of the better slider set-ups on the market, in terms of coping with the forces the rear axle places on the frame.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Halfway Option> 650B

Having a Tallboy and enjoying the bigger wheel ride but wanting more travel, lead me down the path of 650B ing the Blur, makes a great bike even better........

Installed an American Classic 650BXC wheelset and Schwalbe's only 650B tyres ie. Racing Ralph 2.25 (2.1 in reality) hence....

The only downside to this size is the small range of 650B tyres, now if Maxxis only made some 2.1/2.25" 650B Ignitors/Crossmarks/Advantages/Larsens.....that'd be great.

Attachments

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having a Tallboy and enjoying the bigger wheel ride but wanting more travel, lead me down the path of 650B ing the Blur, makes a great bike even better........

Installed an American Classic 650BXC wheelset and Schwalbe's only 650B tyres ie. Racing Ralph 2.25 (2.1 in reality) hence....

The only downside to this size is the small range of 650B tyres, now if Maxxis only made some 2.1/2.25" 650B Ignitors/Crossmarks/Advantages/Larsens.....that'd be great.
Awesome

Except that you accidentally posted this in the 29er forum. :eek:hwell:

:D

Hugor

Likes Dirt

Fantastic stuff. I'm intrigued.:clap2:
Interested to hear your comparison to the 26 wheels.
Thinking out loud. The BB will be higher and the HTA effectively slackened.
Both could effect your steering. How does it ride?

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thinking out loud. The BB will be higher and the HTA effectively slackened.
Both could effect your steering. How does it ride?
The bottom bracket will be a little higher, but the HA will remain the same because all that is happening is the front and rear are lifted by the same amount.

Bodin

GMBC
The bottom bracket will be a little higher, but the HA will remain the same because all that is happening is the front and rear are lifted by the same amount.
Correct. The HTA doesn't change at all, but effectively the rake of the fork does, as the angle from the stem clamp to the tyre's contact patch on the ground will now be slightly different (steeper).

Will be interested to see if this is noticeable on the trail.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Correct. The HTA doesn't change at all, but effectively the rake of the fork does, as the angle from the stem clamp to the tyre's contact patch on the ground will now be slightly different (steeper).

Will be interested to see if this is noticeable on the trail.
I think you're referring to trail. Yes it will increase, and it should have the effect of slowing the steering slightly. It would be more pronounced if Gripper had left the rear as a 26" wheel.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
I think you're referring to trail. Yes it will increase, and it should have the effect of slowing the steering slightly.
That was what I meant when I used the word "effectively" slackened.
I suspect the changes in the geo would be marginal anyhow and it will ride really nice.

ray

Likes Bikes
My latest 29er toy,

I had a Niner air9 that i built up last year, Really nice bike, but decided hardtails really aren't for me, so got a Anthem 29er as well, meaning the Niner has been sat around gathering dust, so rather than flog the backside off the Anthem, i Bought a Voodoo Canzo 29er and swapped the parts out last weekend from the Niner.

at $700 for a frame and shock, it's pretty good value, it's a kg heavier than the Anthem, and rides really well, quite impressed with it, looks hot too.

Anyone want to buy a Air9 frame in XL???

Cheers,

Ray

Attachments

Macr

Likes Dirt
My latest 29er toy,

I had a Niner air9 that i built up last year, Really nice bike, but decided hardtails really aren't for me, so got a Anthem 29er as well, meaning the Niner has been sat around gathering dust, so rather than flog the backside off the Anthem, i Bought a Voodoo Canzo 29er and swapped the parts out last weekend from the Niner.

at $700 for a frame and shock, it's pretty good value, it's a kg heavier than the Anthem, and rides really well, quite impressed with it, looks hot too.

Anyone want to buy a Air9 frame in XL???

Cheers,

Ray
How stiff, do you feel the rear end is? I really don't have a big budget and would like a 29er, but was always aiming for a frame with the 12mm axle on the rear. I have considered this frame, due to its price.

Macr