Post your 29er!

skinnybeans

Likes Dirt
I'll be interested to hear how you get along with it. I'm looking for a FS bike and I like the look of the prime. I'm in the same boat as far as it being too much bike for 99% of what I ride but hey. I figure if i want to 'race' (and i use that term very loosely) i can jump on my hardtail.

Yellow with a 150mm pike and ccdbcs would be my choice.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be interested to hear how you get along with it. I'm looking for a FS bike and I like the look of the prime. I'm in the same boat as far as it being too much bike for 99% of what I ride but hey. I figure if i want to 'race' (and i use that term very loosely) i can jump on my hardtail.

Yellow with a 150mm pike and ccdbcs would be my choice.
You are obviously willing to spend a LOT more for a fork than me. That fork is worth half as much as the frame.

fletchog

Likes Dirt
My 1st 29er

I'm in the process of refitting a 2010 Giant xtc 29-1, acquired recntly I rode it a few times and have now made a few mods from other biles i have. Current spec is
Thompson stem and post, flite carbonio saddle, old xt brakes, xtr cranks, 1x10 XO with gripshift, contemplating 2x10. no idea what it did weigh or what it weighs now

So far have enjoyed the bigger wheels and HT after being on a Yeti ASR for the last few years.

Am looking to replace the standard P29 wheels with something a little lighter and tubless, I weigh 90kg and was considering Stans crest (i have these on the yeti) although am concerned about rider weight limit in 29" Any suggestions would be appreciated.

will get a pic up if anyone wants to see it

Shaman

Likes Dirt
Merida Big 99 3000

Merida Big Nine.jpg

Ripped off the XT drivetrain and now running a 1x setup using a Wolftooth front ring with a Type2 RD; working like a charm.
FOX suspension will be the next to go.
Rides very nicely though.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FYI my 3month old Giant XTC Advanced Sl0 29'er with Mavic SLR's and SRAM XX1 posted a few pages ago is now up for sale in the trading area. All reasonable offers will be accepted.

muvro

Likes Dirt
My first 29er, it's a customised Occam S30X 29. This replaced my Cannondale Rush carbon as a XC/marathon bike. Standard they are a pretty decently spec'd bike, but in saving for the bike I was also collecting upgrade parts for it. Once I got the bike I stripped it down to a bare frame and pulled all suspension, linkages and bearings apart. Clear coated the frame with PPG's Ceramic Clear, renewed all bearings with top quality Japanese units, then reassembled the bike with some care and XTR love.

Specs;

Occam S30X carbon frame, custom clear coated.
Fox FIT CTD 120mm forks
XTR race brakes
XTR shifters (2x10)
XTR cranks
XTR front deralleur
Edge (older Enve) carbon bars
Raceface Turbine stem
Thomson seatpost
XT wheelset
XT rear deralleur
XTR cassette
XTR chain

Future mods are carbon rims and XTR rear deralleur. I also have a reverb for it for general riding.