Post your all mountain bike

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Virtually everything else on the bike is SRAM/Avid/RockShox (pedals are the only Shimano part?), so stick with the theme and go the Monarch.
correct... however it's a $150 vs $700+ affair. i think i'll try the Corset first, then if we still don't play nice the Monarch will replace it.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Can I have the Corset/EVOL when you upgrade :high5:
hah. i'm hoping the Corset i've just ordered does the job.

This is my build this far, Transition patrol 2016 in medium. I've been out of riding for 2 years so an endure play bike will be perfect to get back into riding again. The build consists of good reliable parts that will last me a fair while.
any early thoughts on the Arc 30's? i'm looking for a rim of similar size to build up on some hope hubs i've just ordered.

Last edited:

e-man

Likes Dirt
hah. i'm hoping the Corset i've just ordered does the job.

any early thoughts on the Arc 30's? i'm looking for a rim of similar size to build up on some hope hubs i've just ordered.

Unfortunaly I could only comment after I've ridden the bike upon completion. If it means anything the wheel builder I use from "For The Riders Brisbane" reckons they trued up and build extremely well, only had to go over them once and they were extremely well balanced. My Hubs are also Hope pro 2's all round.

Stumpy13

Likes Bikes
This is my build this far, Transition patrol 2016 in medium. I've been out of riding for 2 years so an endure play bike will be perfect to get back into riding again. The build consists of good reliable parts that will last me a fair while.
Sweet looking ride!!! How does it feel on the climbs and descents?

God I love my bike ... she's being packed up very soon to make it's way to QLD (from the not so sunny shores of Buckinhamshire UK)

Been tossing and turning about whether or not to sel it before I go, and buy something again in a year's time when the dust has settled from my move.... but I just can;t get myself to let it go, love it too much.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
God I love my bike ... she's being packed up very soon to make it's way to QLD (from the not so sunny shores of Buckinhamshire UK)

Been tossing and turning about whether or not to sel it before I go, and buy something again in a year's time when the dust has settled from my move.... but I just can;t get myself to let it go, love it too much.

what rear shock is that??

mitchy_

Llama calmer
what rear shock is that??
Fox Float X2

sexy rig! those Arc 30's look phat.

where abouts in sunny QLD are you moving to?

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
love the new colour schemes on those, especially that one. replaced the enduro?
Yep. But the Enduro is still a top bike, I'm not going to give it away. If the Enduro doesn't sell I'll hang onto it for a while as a loaner or backup.
Bought a Anthem to replace the hardtail.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yep. But the Enduro is still a top bike, I'm not going to give it away. If the Enduro doesn't sell I'll hang onto it for a while as a loaner or backup.
Bought a Anthem to replace the hardtail.
yup. lucky for you the price rise this year has meant older ones have kept their value too! couple of 2015's i looked at weren't much cheaper than their RRP.

ps. what are you doing with the wheels off the endurbro... :wave:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yup. lucky for you the price rise this year has meant older ones have kept their value too! couple of 2015's i looked at weren't much cheaper than their RRP.

ps. what are you doing with the wheels off the endurbro... :wave:
I got looked after on price from Life Of Bikes in Pakenham.

I'm going to keep the CK hubs and get some more Carbon rims in 650b for them. I'll be flogging the 29x35 Zelvy rims when I get around to pulling them apart.

Last edited:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
I'm going to keep the CK hubs and get some more Carbon rims in 650b for them. I'll be flogging the 29x35 Zelvy rims when I get around to pulling them apart.
even better. shoot me a message when you do, i've got some hubs that need rims.

I LOVE your bike supercow! Fuck yeah
sexy rig! those Arc 30's look phat.

where abouts in sunny QLD are you moving to?
Cheers guys, so happy with it. It really did replace all the bikes I had in my stable (DH / Trail / HT) and I don;t regret downsizing one bit.

mitchy, I'll be setting in Wurtulla to start with, then probs look to buy somewhere in Caloundra or surrounding areas.

my02

Likes Dirt
Frame: XL with X2
Fork: DVO Diamond - 160mm
Wheels: Stans ZTR with DT Swiss hubs, hand built by TWE
Tires: 2.3 Maxxis Tomahawk (F), 2.3 HRII (R)
Brakes: Saint, 230/180
Rear Derailleur: XT
Shift Lever: XT
Cassette: XT 11 sp
Cranks: Zee - 165mm + Race Face 32T NW.
Pedals: e13 LG1
Handlebars: Easton Havoc C 35 - 800mm
Stem: Easton Havoc 50mm
Seatpost: KS Integra 150mm
Saddle: Custom
Weight: about 14kg (I'm 120kg so strength over gram counting).