Post your all mountain bike

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
final parts arrived yesterday
finished the build, played around with shock/fork settings after consulting the great user guide on the Ibis site
rode it up the road in the dark and took a quick pic of the big dirty bird skulking around a telegraph pole
will be going for a proper ride asap

setup, medium, Mojo HD140 in Vit P, RS Revelation WC, 36-11/36, DT EX1750 tubeless with UST Highroller/Crossmark tyres, Thomson P+S, 50mm stem, 725mm bars, X9/XT. 12.2kg (27 pounds) without pedals

piker

Likes Dirt
The Sultan of bling

My AM ride. Gets me up and down the trails i ride.

2011 Turner Sultan. The first 29er in this thread? Hammers harder than my previous Tracer VP...

140mm Reba, Joplin when required, Stans Flows 20mm front, 10mm thru rear, 700mm EDGE low rise bar, 2x9 Blackspire rings, Hope mono minis.

turtleracing08

Likes Dirt
2011 Mongoose Teocali

Just picked this up yesterday, cant wait to take it for a spin when the trails dry up a little. Went from having three bikes, DJ, DH and a Trail bike to this,so cant wait to see how it goes covering all those disciplines.
Only thing I changed was the seat as the Kore one it came with was making small children cry it was that ugly. Planning for a Ks or reverb post soon.

Frame: Suspension
Fork: Rock Shox Sektor RL 150 mm travel, Solo Air spring, lockout, rebound and 15 mm Maxle Lite thru axle
Rear Shock: Ario 3.2 , air spring, rebound and lock out, 200x57 mm w/ 19x8 mm hardware
Spokes: 14g Stainless
Tires: Kenda Excavator 26x2.35 front / 2.1 rear Dual Tread Compound, folding bead
Crankset: FSA Comet 27/39T alloy
Bottom Bracket: FSA MegaExo external bearing
Chain: KMC X10 w/ Missing Link connector
Front Derailleur: Shimano SLX
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.9 medium cage
Shifters: SRAM X.7 2x10 speed
Handlebar: Kore Torsion Race Riser Handlebar 710 x 31.8 x 20 rise x 5 deg BB Black
Stem: Kore B-52 0 deg. K34 Stem 65x31.8x28.6 BB Black
Headset: FSA ZS Taper w/ACB bearigns (1.125" upper 1.5" lower).
Brake Rotor: Avid Elixir 3 hydraulic disc w/ 185 mm front /160mm rear rotors
Brake Levers: Avid Elixir 3
Saddle: I-fly
Seat Post: Kore T-Beam / I-Beam 6061 Seatpost 31.6 x 350 Satin Silver head, zero offset, BB Black shaft

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
My AM ride. Gets me up and down the trails i ride.

2011 Turner Sultan. The first 29er in this thread? Hammers harder than my previous Tracer VP...
nice bike!! where are you riding it? demo'ed a turner 5 spot a while back and loved how it could just be thrown around - but haven't had a razz on the sultan. at 6'2 I'm curious about bigger wheels and my 40th birthday mortgage bike is only a few years away :)

piker

Likes Dirt
nice bike!! where are you riding it? demo'ed a turner 5 spot a while back and loved how it could just be thrown around - but haven't had a razz on the sultan. at 6'2 I'm curious about bigger wheels and my 40th birthday mortgage bike is only a few years away :)
I'm 6'1". Main advantage is you sit in the bike rather than on top of it like on a 26". I see this as the main advantage for anyone who is tall. It's been pretty much everywhere around Melb so far: Forrest, Wombat, Lake Mountain, Buller, Surf Coast. Hasn't been to You Yangs yet, where the rocks will be a good comparison to my previous 26" rides. The sultan is super stiff, fast, rails corners and the travel has a 'more than 4 inch' feel to it. A few mates have 26 and 29 Turners and that was what sucked me in. I had ridden a 29" On One Inbred for 12 months too, which solidified my confidence in big wheels.

If in doubt, ride one.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
11072010.jpg

this is mine just after i built it....named the rainmaker....got the bike in July 10 and then look what happened in Victoria just when i wanted to take the bike for a spin......

Ivan

Eats Squid
retroenduro said:
this is mine just after i built it....named the rainmaker....got the bike in July 10 and then look what happened in Victoria just when i wanted to take the bike for a spin......
Do you find that the Monarch bottoms out way too easy? I just swapped the monarch on mine for a fox rp2 and I'm not bottoming out harshly anymore.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Do you find that the Monarch bottoms out way too easy? I just swapped the monarch on mine for a fox rp2 and I'm not bottoming out harshly anymore.
Not at all, i actually prefer it to the RP2 i used to run..... I run it at about 25-30% sag and it seems fine

dukemasterpro

Likes Dirt
SC Blur LT

Excited about the new ride, planning on testing it out on an upcoming AM trip to Wales and France in June.

2011 Talas 36 RLC
Full SRAM X9 2x10 groupo
2011 XT Brake lever / caliper 185mm rotor
CB Candy 3 pedals
CB Iodine 2 Stem
CB 11 XC Carbon Bar
CB Iodine 3 Seatpost
Hope Pro2 Mavic EN521 Larsen TT 2.35 folding

So far pretty happy with the build, maybe more aggressive tyre like a folding Minion or High Roller and a Chain guide and a seat dropper to come. Love to hear from anyone who has found a good solution for frame protection on the SC ano finish
P1020684.jpgP1020694.jpgP1020697.jpgP1020687.jpg

rexhunta

Likes Bikes

quite a few new mods now to take it away from the xc side of things, I use it for AM, still fun to ride at 120mm.

soontir

Likes Dirt
This is my new toy.
Picked the frame up at Beno's sale.
Older photo as I have changed the front forks to some 66 RCV, which has brought the bars more forward and "up". Also dropping it to 180, it's seems more neutral
And have changed the rings to 40t/28t up front. This was running 44t/32t
XTR 11-36 10 speed on the rear.
Dirtbag free ride rims, which are much lighter that the Sun's I used to run
Been clocking just under 50k on tar and some of the runs i do, have been hitting 40k.
Lots of fun.

eMOJO

Likes Bikes
After reading this thread I need a new AM bike... this is my old pig - still goes up and down though :eek:

gson

Likes Dirt
2010 Marin attack trail

2010 attack trail

2011 rc2l lyriks, Rocco tst r air shock, blackspire chain guide with e thirteen bash.

Love the geo of this bike!

IMG00195-20110211-1349.jpgIMG00199-20110215-1000.jpg

Terror

Squid
Giant Reign 2 2011

Reign 2 2011,
This is my All Mountain Toy...lots of fun, good at going up & great at descending. Couldn't be happier with bike, the wheel set made a huge difference to the bike even better handling, faster & lot more lively.

Upgraded to SRAM XO Shifters & Rear Derailleur
Sun Ringle charger Pro wheelset
XTcassette & chain
Odi Rogue Grips
Gamut Bash
Nobby Nic 2.25 Rear & 2.4 Front
Weight 13.1KG - ( Will try tubeless soon )

Attachments

Last edited: