Post your all mountain bike

Maltese Falcon

Likes Dirt
Avanti Torrent 3, red version

I've been drooling over the bikes in this thread for some time now & This is my first "big bike" an Avanti Torrent 3. After doing the State AM & the State Downhill championships on a 4 inch XC bike, I figured is was time to get a proper bike before I kill myself :)
Thanks to Pat on this forum who sold me the frame & fork, everything else except the bars & stem is from my XC bike.
With the longer travel, slacker head angle & 700mm bars, it feel like a truck at the moment. I've been running 550mm bars since 1989, so it's quite a change.
Weighs 11.8kg as is, with a crankset & pedal change in the future I hope to get the weight even lower.
Any suggestions in the setup are more than welcome

Attachments

Last edited:

ronster44

Likes Dirt
I've been drooling over the bikes in this thread for some time now & This is my first "big bike" an Avanti Torrent 3. After doing the State AM & the State Downhill championships on a 4 inch XC bike, I figured is was time to get a proper bike before I kill myself :)
Thanks to Pat on this forum who sold me the frame & fork, everything else except the bars & stem is from my XC bike.
With the longer travel, slacker head angle & 700mm bars, it feel like a truck at the moment. I've been running 550mm bars since 1989, so it's quite a change.
Weighs 11.8kg as is, with a crankset & pedal change in the future I hope to get the weight even lower.
Maybe a bit less red and some white tyres! Nice bike mate and hows the ribs?

stoo

Likes Dirt
The Nickel, about 10 months old now, loving it!

A Ballarat winter took it's toll but after pivot bearing / chain-cassette-jockeys-chainring-chain-cable etc. swap it's as good as new again....

There's nothing much that I'd change for now.
I have a new Heckler 6.1 build on the way, new frame + CTD shock from the states for $600, other bits mainly from RB for sale section and some CRC, just forks to find??????
Weeha....

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For set up . Slam the seat and build a kicker into that pool .

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
That is so mint!
I would lose the big ring and either go 2x10 with a blackspire stinger or 1x10 with a full guide
1x10 would help lose a fair bit of weight, most likely 300g+

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Pigs Sled

Well, not a nice as half the bikes here, but it gets used quite a bit at the moment to roll around Nagano ken.

Santa Cruz Blur LT 1.0
New XT brakes
New Hope Hoops and tyres.
New SLX dual cranks and a Blackspire stinger chain thingo.

PB191492.jpg

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
New FireEye dually.

Gday all. I just finished building this up and took it for the first run around the you yangs on the weekend. First time back on a dually for almost 10 years! Pedaled better than I thought and stiffer too. Took a few runs to get used to it, but once I stopped the softly, softly approach I found it much better!

Frame: 2012 FireEye Match, Large
Shock: 2008 (I think) Marzocchi Roco, 600lb spring.
Fork: 2008 Fox TALAS 36. 100/130/160.
Front wheel: Mavic 721 on Aireal Industries 20mm hub.
Rear wheel: Nukeproof generator on NS Rotary hub.
Cranks: Raceface Atlas, 38t front /16t rear.
Brakes: 2008 Saint, 8 inch front and rear. (New rotors on the way)
Bars: Sunline V1.
Stem: Easton Vice 50mm. (Will be trying a Nukeproof 70mm)

IMAG0862.jpg

ChopSticks

Banned
curious to know how you manage to run SS on a dually (assuming you have no tensioner)

Gday all. I just finished building this up and took it for the first run around the you yangs on the weekend. First time back on a dually for almost 10 years! Pedaled better than I thought and stiffer too. Took a few runs to get used to it, but once I stopped the softly, softly approach I found it much better!

Frame: 2012 FireEye Match, Large
Shock: 2008 (I think) Marzocchi Roco, 600lb spring.
Fork: 2008 Fox TALAS 36. 100/130/160.
Front wheel: Mavic 721 on Aireal Industries 20mm hub.
Rear wheel: Nukeproof generator on NS Rotary hub.
Cranks: Raceface Atlas, 38t front /16t rear.
Brakes: 2008 Saint, 8 inch front and rear. (New rotors on the way)
Bars: Sunline V1.
Stem: Easton Vice 50mm. (Will be trying a Nukeproof 70mm)

View attachment 249950

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
Gee I must have you scared for next season all mountain. You shouldn't have wasted your money. I'm out for a while now with a snapped medial ligament in my knee. Bloody kickers, pools, bull sharks yeh they don't mix at our age. Might be alright if did run your white tyres though, sharks don't eat clowns, they taste funny.