Post your all mountain bike

jrewing

Eats Squid
Cove Peeler All Mountain!!!

My AM bike is more on the burly side frame wise... Was my old DH frame I had laying around. Everything was bought cheap 2nd hand or clearance special.

Atlas AM 175 cranks
180mm xt brakes/ ice tech rotors
Chris king headset
Conti 2.4 X-kings
Pro taper 720mm carbon
Thompson seatpost
Selle slr poverty version saddle
34t ring
11-34 xt cassette
Slx rear derailleur
Hope pro2 hubs
Xcx guide
Twenty6 ti pedals
80mm syncros stem upside down
150mm Magura ts8r air
Marzochhi World Cup air shock with 3mm internal spacer, revalved low speed comp, takes it down to a paltry 8 inches of travel. With the shorter F & R suspension it lowered the BB height nicely and keeps the HA nice and slack.

New Magura forks has it bang on 14kg with some new rims to lace up with lighter spokes, then it'll hit the high 13's.

I honestly love riding this bike.. Plus its ten years old and still on the original bearings.

Attachments

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid
How do you find the x kings?? Have a set in the shed, never used....
Good grip when the pressure is right. Climb good and a big bag so don't puncture that easy. Don't roll as good as cross marks..thought they would've even though the treads spaced out a bit.

I'd get em again. I run race sport front / protection rear.

SaabG

Likes Dirt
Long time lurker, first time posting. Current AM/Trails rig - will eventually add a 2x chain guide, or go 1x set-up... or retire it for something new (2013 Rune, 2013 Covert Carbon, 2013 Mega AM??? Who knows). Been a blast to ride for the last 2+ years.

View attachment 252977
Nice. I had the 2007 model which I loved except for the fact that it had an odd seatpost size meaning no seat dropper which for me is a game changer. I really miss some aspects of riding a single pivot bike.

jmpalmer

Likes Dirt
Intensity...

back in action!

specs include:
hope hubs, stem and seat clamp
shimano xt brakes (all icetech), xt 10spd mech and trail pedals
joplin remote post
chromag bars
e13 front chainring and guide
stans flow rims
cheers!

smaally.jpg

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
True........but wasn't that also when 'downhill' tracks consisted of flowing grassy hills? And 1 maybe 2inch pogo sticks ??
im not sure about the 2 inch pogo sticks!, the early forks were'nt anything flash, but my first dh forks were 5 inch travel single crown with qr's (1993), i have'nt had a through axle on any of my bikes ever (yet)..
call me old fashioned, broard shoulders!

dwnhil4thewin

Likes Dirt
Got this a few weeks ago to fit between the DH and XC rigs and hopefully get into some AM racing. Have only been for a few rides but so far its going great. Feels more like a mini DH bike than a big XC bike which suits me fine. It was feeling really sluggish on the climbs when using the STs with Nobby Nics and shocks in Descend mode. Completely different ride now with SLRs, Racing Ralphs and in Trail mode.
26" seems to be hard to get at the moment - last i checked giant is out of these in Medium size until April/May?
Spec is all stock except the Crossmax SLRs and Renthal bars. In future will be putting the Crossmax STs back onto it probably with racing ralph rear and nobby nic front, and taking the SLRs over to the XC rig. Might give a clipless setup a go as well and possible convert to 1x10.
Weight is around 13.4kg so should be 13.6kg with the STs back on.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice bike. Really like the 2013's spec etc.
Tempted to offload my 2010 and update. The geometry on this one is dialed.