Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I couldn't find a trace of any evil sovereign frames, well at least any recent new ones.
Interested in how the Shan goes, but at the moment I'm keen on the Coptic BFe.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I purchased a Derelikt frame for $50 from here and took it straight to the avanti dealer the same afternoon it arrived, got it replaced under the product recall avanti put out late 2011..nice frame for $50 dont you think!
sneaky bugger!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
sneaky bugger!
gotta be innit to win it!...it was a gamble as to weather my local avanti dealer was going to help me, as they have a history of being total wankers!..but they came through for me finally, after years of poor service and overprice bike parts

applejak26

Likes Bikes
Hi guys. Posted this one up on post your ride a couple of months ago. Since then a couple of minor changes and a bit of gear swapping between bikes but nothing major. Just thought I'd add it to the mix

Great bike to ride. Really enjoying the slack front end. So stable on the descents and at speed. Been out to the you yangs a couple of times - otherwise just the local tracks out west of town - don't think it gives up much to the dually (Avanti Torrent) at all

Frame - 14 inch Ragley Blue Pig X
Fork - Rockshox Revelation RL
Handlebars - Easton Haven
Stem - Ragley stubbing 50 mm
Seatpost - KS supernatural lever. Swap it between bikes as needed
Front/rear brake/cranks/shifter - SLX
Rear derailleur - Zee
Chainring - E13 guidering
Chainguide - E13 LS1
Pedals - Nukeproof proton
Wheels - Easton haven
Tyres - Hans dampf 2.35 front/WTB mutano 2.4 rear (both tubeless)

blue pig 2.jpg

And with some DMR motos on another set of wheels just for tootling around capital city/yarra trail on a nice day

yarra, dmr supermotos resize.jpg

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is Mine, been in the PYR section previously. Pretty happy with the build so far.

Frame - Cove Sanchez
Front shock/fork - Fox Float
Handlebars - funn
Stem - truvantiv
Headset - generic with Carbon Spacers
soon to be Token Pyro Alloy Internal Headset
Grips - DMR Zip Grip
Saddle - Selle Italia Q-Bike Saddle
Seatpost - Token Pyrotec Carbon Seatpost
Front brake - Hope Tech M4 Evo, Clarks Light Weight Rotor
Rear brake - Hope Tech M4 Evo, Clarks Light Weight Rotor
Cranks - Shimano Saint M810
Chainguide - e-13
Chain - yes
Pedals - DMR Vault Flat Pedals
Rear derailleur - Scram x9 with Goodridge Gear Cable
Rear shifter - Scram x9
Cassette - a spiky one
Front hub - Hope Hoops Pro2
Rear hub - Hope Hoops Pro2
Front rim - Mavic EX721
Rear rim - Mavic EX721 with BBB WheelBlock Carbon QR Skewers
Spokes - straight ones, hopefully
Nipples - yes
Tyres - Michelin Mountain Dry 2 Reinforced
Total weight - soon....
IMG_3075-002.JPG

Cronar

Likes Dirt
I might as well jump on board this thread:
lyn.jpg

It's a Lynskey Ridgeline 26", I can't tell you how much i love this bike. Perfect balance of climbing ability and descending prowess, true all-mountain!

In action:
C1.jpg

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
That Lynskey looks amazing! Appears to have some pretty top spec on it as well. awesome bike.

In other news... waiting for my BFe to arrive :)

samlu

Likes Bikes
I'm looking at selling my current 4 bikes and building a single hardtail for everything. I have a 26" anthem, rigid 29er, demo 8 and a bmx at the moment but mainly ride the anthem. I end up riding the anthem like a downhill bike and don't find the H/A too steep. I love the climbing ability but find it's a little sketchy over bigger jumps. What all-mountain hardtail would you guys recommend? I've got a fairly open budget and would look at custom ti/maybe a lynskey/shan etc. I basically want an aggressive hardtail that I can ride technical trails but still smash big climbs.

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
What frame is that? it looks familiar.

And you hit the trails with rigid forks? I thought I was being adventurous getting a hardtail, couldn't imagine riding without suspension up front.

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
I'm looking at selling my current 4 bikes and building a single hardtail for everything. I have a 26" anthem, rigid 29er, demo 8 and a bmx at the moment but mainly ride the anthem. I end up riding the anthem like a downhill bike and don't find the H/A too steep. I love the climbing ability but find it's a little sketchy over bigger jumps. What all-mountain hardtail would you guys recommend? I've got a fairly open budget and would look at custom ti/maybe a lynskey/shan etc. I basically want an aggressive hardtail that I can ride technical trails but still smash big climbs.
Whats your budget? Are you looking for a complete bike or you willing to go for a custom build?

I've just placed an order for a Cotic BFe, will be doing a custom build with 160mm forks to give me a little room for error on the steeper descents. If you google All mountain hardtail heaps of options will come up, the ones that I noticed popping up a lot were -

- Evil Sovereign
- Transition Trans Am
- On One 456 (think theres a carbon and steel version of this frame)
- Ragely Blue Pig
- Dialled Alpine
- Santa Cruz Chameleon
- Production Privee Shan
- Chromag Stylus
- Commencal Ramones
- Cove Stiffee
- Stanton Slackline