Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

will2

Likes Dirt

From a couple of weeks ago when I went to Hornsby by ferry and had to kill a bit of time. My everything bike used to raise me from poverty. Fork, frame, wheels, seatpost, bars, stem and cranks all donated by various friends and legendary burners.
I bought a saint shifter and zee derailleur on a bit of a splurge. The bike is a little ripper, have a set of old pike lowers to whack on to get a 20mm axle as the QR is obviously shite when pushing it, especially considering the little travel.
The original owner has certainly got his money's worth, I still want this bike being used in 10 years its great for both street and dirt.

RealizE

Likes Bikes
Reading this thread got me inspired to find a frame and make a bike out of old spares. This is the result. I'm currently nursing a pretty serious back injury so have only managed to ride it around the streets so far, but it seems to ride OK.

Attachments

Nearly together, turned out my parts bin shifter was a different i-spec to my new brake levers. No big deal I'll go grab a shifter tomorrow. It's a bit of a bitsa and the size was a bit of a gamble but it's come together ok. M785 brakes, Zee derailleur, leftover S1000 gxp crankset, Blunt 35s on Novatec 4 in 1 with 2.4 Trail Kings, Renthal finishing stuff. Reckon I'll grab a KS LEV or a Reverb once I work out what seat height I want to run, ditto probably swap the cranks for some Zee or XT down the track. 26 ain't dead!

This has sealed it for me.
I'm putting gears back on the BFe.
Still looking for a decent set of 2nd hand 150-160mm forks with 20mm axle. Hard to find at a reasonable price.
Old Sherman 150's are ok but not super plush, semi rigid at times. Take the bigger hits but not much else.
Love the Bfe's. Would love an XL though.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
This has sealed it for me.
I'm putting gears back on the BFe.
Still looking for a decent set of 2nd hand 150-160mm forks with 20mm axle. Hard to find at a reasonable price.
Old Sherman 150's are ok but not super plush, semi rigid at times. Take the bigger hits but not much else.
Love the Bfe's. Would love an XL though.
X Fusion Vengence is pretty decent, much better than my Totem was(I got a bad one).

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
It'll be a bit more trail than what I built up the Shan as (with a 140mm fork, this was the direction anyway).
1x11 for starters, which will be new for me. Possibly 1x10 with a one up or hope cog to increase the range. DEFINITELY something simpler in the brake department than what I did with the meta. The formula are great brakes, but only three days out of ten - they were just too painful. I am thinking just some xt for brakes. Wheels... Maybe flows on hope 2 or en423. The fork is my biggest decision. I really like the slant - no nonsense, it put up with my lack of maintenance... It was basically idiot proof! Maybe a Sweep, but I have also liked the Mattoc. pikes are great - but I am on a budget with this one.

The only good news is I won the pinkbike fantasy comp for rampage - so I have a sram XO1 DH on its way when they pull their finger out. I will sell that, or swap it for bits so that might keep my costs down.

Last edited:

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Cool, I like the Oka frames.

I was really close to getting a Last Fast Forward in their Kickstarter campaign but I couldn't run a decent size chainring coz of the stupid semi fat tyre clearance. Thinking I'll go custom again and the geo will be similar the the Last but for normal 650b wheels, need more work/money.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Nice looking Eccentric frame. What are you putting on it? I'm excited as my Pike just landed in Australia and should be at my house in the next few days...

slowmick

38-39"
No need to apologise to me bloke. hope you've been busy riding bikes. post up pics when you get a chance and show off the upgrades. :thumb:

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
It is going to be w month or two before I get this built but at least the frame is here and the fork and brakes are on the way (X fusion sweep rl2 and xt m8000) and pinkbike finally got in touch with me about my winning from the RedBull Rampage Fantasy Contest - now all I have to do convince them to swap a DH XO for something more suitable. The frame looks awesome and really is lighter than the original Shan.

Attachments

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
On my back where I always have it �� (Actually, I always friggen forget it and go thirsty...)

Last edited: