Post your NOTshore Pics (dodgy Northshore)

scratchy

Farkin Activist
OK,
It seems every kid who's ridden a bike for 5 minutes want to build Northshore, In Australia we've had an explosion of NOTshore, the Dodgy Australian equivalant. It's generally got some of the following qualities:

-Cutting into/down Australian native trees
-Putting rusty nails into living trees.
-Unstable constructions
-Punji Spikes in the landing zone.

So I thought we should share some of our favourite (3xtr33m3) NOTshore. Feel free to ad.

Attachments

emcgough

Likes Dirt
hahaha oh my... I can't believe those "Master Trail Builders" are still at it. Last time I rode through there (about 10 months ago I think), we knocked a whole lot of them down. I think I made a post on InsideLine about it at the time. You could name a million things they have done wrong, but you know.. I think it's beyond that stage with this particular case...

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jeesh talk about quality degrading. I wouldn't wanna be any more than 55kg's rolling off that northshore. Never the less still better than my nothing. Good work

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Found a (insert seppo accent) teeter totter, yesterday. The main pivot was a 9" nail each side. At least I hope it was a 9" nail.

smokingmouse

Likes Bikes
Nominees for Australian Master Builders Association workamnship of the year award. They look more like Viet Cong booby traps!!!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That third pic is a classic! What the hell is it supposed to be? I hope everyone who knows of some dodgey NS will take a photo and post it here because it is hilarious!

Air time erik

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lol looks sweet i would hit that now these are some of the drops My friends built!!1 lol

Got destroyed tho by some stooges

:mad: :mad: :(

Yesz they are tree stumps:D

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'd sure hope so. I wouldnt wanna weigh 100 kg's and roll over one of those puppys with a banshee built with mag 30's and super monsters. Ahh ssssssnaapp

tu plang

knob
Air time erik said:
Lol looks sweet i would hit that now these are some of the drops My friends built!!1 lol

Got destroyed tho by some stooges
by stooges you mean the wind, right?

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Look at the carnage caused in those last two pics, whoever built those should be tied to the Not Shore and left there for eternity.

That is Not Cool Not Shore.

chris_mtb

Banned
man those last 2 were shocking tje sticks on the first photo looked like they were pick up from the ground and they dont look too stable:eek:

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
(referring to 'air time eriks' drops).

Ok - to start with - I'm in no way saying that these were good quality - they were quite bad, just not as bad as everyone was saying. Despite how they look in the pics, the supports were actually dug a fair way into the ground, and they were connected properly. So no, the supports and not just sitting on the ground.

fattyandthepiemakers said:
Huck to flat. :p
I know it looks like it in the pic, but it's not. One of them was using the landing for a step down jump and the other one had a downhill part after it (see pics).

Renegade said:
You'd sure hope so. I wouldnt wanna weigh 100 kg's and roll over one of those puppys with a banshee built with mag 30's and super monsters. Ahh ssssssnaapp
There was about 3 guys jumping up and down on them - nothing happened.

tu plang said:
by stooges you mean the wind, right?
They would have lasted alot longer, but some guys who had 'issues' with the local riders decided to come and destroy everything around there.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
-Jordan- said:
They would have lasted alot longer, but some guys who had 'issues' with the local riders decided to come and destroy everything around there.
Gesh! That's hard to believe, I mean they are so well hidden it's hard to believe that anyone would have discovered them? ;) Did you think about painting them green to match the lawn?

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
scratchy said:
Gesh! That's hard to believe, I mean they are so well hidden it's hard to believe that anyone would have discovered them? ;) Did you think about painting them green to match the lawn?
Before you start to be a smartass, they knew about the place long before that, and they had no issues with people riding / building there, so it had nothing to do with them being noticeable. They had a problem with the actual guys, and being the dickheads they are they decided to destory everything there, probably before they even knew of the drops.

alpinestar12 said:
also good on you for putting obstacles (tools) in the landing/fall zones. Gosh!
They are no where near where the landing is..

Last edited: