Post your NOTshore Pics (dodgy Northshore)

scratchy

Farkin Activist
OK, the point of this post was to put examples up of what not to do to promote discussion and learning. At least the drops in question were great learning drops with nothing to hit anywhere near the landing zone. Critique and move on kids, if you want to get all personal I'll bring out the stick...

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
here are some pics from a piece of land i own
its people like that the not shore builders that get quality tracks like mona pull down:mad:
Well thankfully he owns the land so you can't blame him for a local NS track being pulled down. And all of the other NotShore you have seen has been relatively small so you can't blame a track you know on other NS. You blame the person that built it on council land without permission.

That being said these are the results of my 30 minute attempt which i built on private land. Action shot as well :)

Last edited:

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
I think Norcotim's stuff is yes ,dodgy in construction BUT
1.He has put trails where none could be without major clearing of vegetation.
2.He has not notched any trees for support,he has used cleats screwed/nailed to the tree.
3.He has protected the original ground from damage through erosion which is a major thing as some of that ground looks pretty damp.
Some of you guys should think about the good side of stuff that people build rather than just say it looks shit.If you can do better then lets see it.Building decent tracks/stunts is a huge time and skill and money committment and some of us just have to make do with what we can,so give all the tryers a break and keep your comments thoughtful criticism ,if any.
I'll get off my high horse now:D
cheers jon

Gravjunkie

Likes Dirt
Found this gem in Tassie, while down at the Nat round last Nov. A local XC rider showed me so I dont know if anyone actually rode it but judging by the landing area, I doubt it, or it hadn't been ridden for ages.

Any of you Tassie boys seen this (or built it)? Not far off the road side heading up to Mt. Wellington.

Attachments

yep that drop is on s57 on mt wellington. its a fair way off the main track however and as far as i know it was recently ripped down and the pallets used for use on the main track. Check pedalbite.com for details on s57. It was rotten and no one used it

tinkerbell

Likes Dirt
haha thats not crapy north shore you should of seen the ns me and my mate made we had 2 shoping trolly's about 50 brick's 2 street sing's and a tiny bit of roten wood . it all worked out fine was fun to ride (for the day).
:) wish i had some pics for you's

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Gotta say, those notshore pics from tassie are quite horrible, but it looks like you have some amazing terrain there! I was down in Tasmania a few years ago, and its really an amazing place....just think what amazing trails you could have with a bit of work:)

here are some pics from a peace of land i own
tht iz lyk fuli sik i lyk wanna hitt it up on mah huffy is got 2 shockies wich mak me abl 2 hit sweet jumpz lyk them can i cal u so we can hit em up 1 daii
:rolleyes:
those things are farkin dangerous it would be inposible to do unless you were on a huffy

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmmm, i reckon norco tims not shore has potential, exept the last one, pretty dodgy down ramp imo, however as has allready been pointed out, without north shore in that area you would have to clear a fair bit of bush, and build it up so it wasnt slush, plus that looks like a fun layout, use better wood and make it abit stronger and it would be awsome.

my 2c

i should post some pics of the northshore stuff we have on our place

norcotim

Likes Dirt
tht iz lyk fuli sik i lyk wanna hitt it up on mah huffy is got 2 shockies wich mak me abl 2 hit sweet jumpz lyk them can i cal u so we can hit em up 1 daii
:rolleyes:
those things are farkin dangerous it would be inposible to do unless you were on a huffy
im willing to take a bit of slack for posting it (ie its bad and stuff) but that ^ is over the top mate i posted it up cause it was bad!!!! and it was built like 4 years ago , but after i put that post on i thought that i would spend some money and go up there and rebuild it,so ill post some pics of it up when it is rebulit and not so notshore......

cheers tim

Last edited:

mtbin.

Likes Bikes
wow

man some of that north shore is pretty dodgy
isnt the whole piont of north shore to protect
the enviroment not destroy it...:confused:
oh well thats what i think:)
cheers al:D