Post your Roadie

mitchy_

Llama calmer
That is f&%king awesome! You got a build thread?
used to as it progressed from the old build, not up to date though... these are the specs

FRAME - Flyxii FR-602 Disc CX (carbon fibre)
FORK - Flyxii FR-602 Disc CX (carbon fibre)
HEADSET - FSA Integrated (carbon fibre)
STEM - Flyxii 80mm x -6° (carbon fibre)
BARS - Pro Vibe 44cm (carbon fibre)
BAR TAPE - Prologo Skintouch
BRAKES -Avid BB7 S Road
BRAKE ROTORS - Avid HS1 160F/160R
LEVERS - Sram Red/Sram S900 (carbon fibre)
REAR DERAILLEUR - Sram Rival 10 speed short cage
BOTTOM BRACKET - Token w/- GXP bushes
CRANK - Sram Red Black Edition (carbon fibre)
CHAIN RING - FSA Gimondi 42T
CHAIN - KMC X10-L
CASSETTE - Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 speed 11-28t
RIMS - Light Bicycle 45mm U-shaped clinchers (carbon fibre)
HUBS - Novatec D711/D712
SPOKES - Pillar Aero X-TRA 1420/Pillar PT 734
TIRES - Continental Gatorskin 700x25c
SEAT POST - Flyxii 31.6mm (carbon fibre)
SEAT CLAMP - Hope 34.9mm
SADDLE - Tioga Spyder Twin Tail
CABLE HOUSING - Jagwire
HYDRAULIC LINES - Jagwire
BIKE WEIGHT - 7.1 kg

scblack

Leucocholic
That's awesome Mitchy, I love it.

But I so NOT sold on disc brakes for a roadie. Its just not for me.

For CX fine, but CX is for nutbag Europeans who have wet weather. I barely remember riding in wet conditions - was years ago! Although this week on Wednesday I was riding my roadie on M7 cycleway through sections that were inches deep in water - its pretty freaky riding a roadie when there could be potholes hidden. I should HTFU.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
first ride in (semi) anger with the new setup/wheels.

1) the bike is way faster than i am.
b) U shaped clinchers are the bomb, definitely less crosswind issues than my traditional 50mm wheels.
iii) riding a full carbon roadie/cx down a storm drain to a dirt track gets funny looks
IV) i'm pooped.

Mica

Likes Dirt

Ritchey Logic with Campag groupset off the old bike, Thomson bling where appropriate and a bargain wide/tubeless wheelset ready for when the tyres are a reasonable price.

Super smooth ride. Just the motivation I need to get back on the skinny tyres.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Size 58 Concorde Prelude frame and fork made of Columbus PRX (Paris Roubaix) tubing
Cinelli stem
Cinelli Campione Del Mondo bars
Campagnolo C-Record headset
Campagnolo 10 speed groupset
Nitto S65 seatpost
Arundel stainless cages
Arundel Gekko bar taped
Campagnolo silver 8/9/10 speed hubs laced to Mavic Open Pro rims with Competition spokes (32 hole, 3 cross)
SMP Dynamic saddle
Stainless Speedplay pedals.

Ben Wallis up here in QLD repainted the top tube to compliment the rest of the paint and painstakingly touched up the many small chips and scratches.
The top tube had previously been rattle canned black by a previous owner for some reason.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
That looks great Sumgy- how do you like the SMP saddle. Do you use them for your off road rides? I have just got onto them and run them on all my bikes.

Hope you are well

Bodin

GMBC
Size 58 Concorde Prelude frame and fork made of Columbus PRX (Paris Roubaix) tubing
Wow. That's genuinely beautiful. Bet it rides as good as it looks.

IMO, the seat looks too "modern" for mine - I'd expect to see something like an old Turbo or the like on that frame, but that's just nit-picking. Guess you could say the same for the pedals. But it doesn't matter - the bike is beautiful.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bodin
I agree that you could say that if I was wanting to make it original.
But then again if I wanted to make it original I would also have used alloy 8 or maybe 9 speed instead of the carbon 10 speed that I did.
This will be a daily rider and I will also race it.

SMP is my favourite road saddle and I wont use anything else just for the "look".

Big JD

Wheel size expert
SMP is my favourite road saddle and I wont use anything else just for the "look".
Have you used one on your Sheep or off road. I tried one on my Yeti 95 but found it didnt work for me- combination of longer travel movement and slack seat angle- but is works on the Pivot and the HT. I rock a Forma on the FS and a Dynamic on the HT (with alittle extra padding)

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you used one on your Sheep or off road. I tried one on my Yeti 95 but found it didnt work for me- combination of longer travel movement and slack seat angle- but is works on the Pivot and the HT. I rock a Forma on the FS and a Dynamic on the HT (with alittle extra padding)
JD, I only like WTB Silverado's on my MTB.
Weird because that is a flat shaped saddle vs the curved shape on the roadie.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
I'm flat on the roadie (specialized toupe) and curved on the MTB (SMP Composit). No idea why that works, but it does!

Big JD

Wheel size expert
that would make sense mate as you think you need to move around on the saddle more off road than on road. The SMPs sort of lock you into a more fixed position.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
new frame.. again. :eyebrows:

old one was a fraction too long for me, and felt sluggish as it had a longer wheelbase.
same manufacturer now does a disc road frame with a much shorter wheelbase (25mm tyre sits a bee's doodle off the seat post!)
just waiting for my BB30 to BSA adaptor and new brake rotors before i can take it for a ride. feels much better already though.