Progress on Mt. Stromlo

mattvincent

Likes Dirt
"Your impatience displays a small, simple mind that is used to getting it's own way" says Wiffle.

The track was suppose to be open over 7 months ago .. as a canberra resident I am fed up with excuses ..

.. dry your own eyes wiffle _ PS: your mother just left here,crying.kisskiss
You are a dip stick, i have never seen you at any of the working bees on the Downhill so why dont you go dry your eyes and Get F%6Ked untill the track is finished. Its not just you who has to wait untill the track is finished, but everybody. The more you ride it now the more it costs overall, the less there is to spend on other facilities for example the sprinkler system in stage 3-4. And last the LONGER IT WILL TAKE TO OPEN. Stromlo is not the only place to ride in canberra so go ride somewhere else untill this on is finished.

Farkin is a brutal palce so dont say dumb shit again about stuff you are unaware or reasons for its happeneings, such as the closure of Stormlo.

binner

Hath shat hymself
listen up

I have only ridden there once on the old stromlo track ..

How about OPENING THAT TRACK and stop stuffing people around ! Every
post I have read on this subject has been excuse after excuse , the track has to bed in _ the track is closed _ too windy _ the track is closed _ has been
washed away _ the track is closed _ a horse cant cross the track_ the track is closed _

OPEN THE OLD TRACK SO PEOPLE CAN RIDE !
well, I have to use 10 characters to validate a post so here goes--------> Twat

astroboy

CORC Trails team
"Your impatience displays a small, simple mind that is used to getting it's own way" says Wiffle.

The track was suppose to be open over 7 months ago .. as a canberra resident I am fed up with excuses ..

.. dry your own eyes wiffle _ PS: your mother just left here,crying.kisskiss
Well mate, as someone who has worked damn hard on that hill and put alot of sweat into the trails, as well as alot of time since then trying to negotiate an earlier opening of the DH track I was all gee'd up to flame you back. Fortunately the other more reasonable folk here have already done more than enough to discredit your selfish rants and personal displeasures. It also shows your lack of understanding of the multi-use nature of the park and the need to deal with other user groups - Stromlo isn't like Majura, Isaacs or Kowen where you can have a no-rules approach to access.

So in an effort to claw back some credibility how about you tell me the dates you came to the working bees and the name you signed in under - I have ALL the working bee sign-in sheets right next to me so I can vouch for all your worthwhile input (as opposed to this unworthwhile contribution)

Don't worry, I won't spend too much time looking - I think I know the results already.

Astro
CORC Trails Team

Gravjunkie

Likes Dirt
Admittedly Laulau was a tad over zealous in his first post about this, but he is right, it was advertised for a long time from last year that it was supposed to open after the Nats. We all know there has been good reason why it hasn't but it's amazing how those good reasons go away when there's an event to be held on it.:rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm definately not complaining, but like countless other DHers, just itching to get on the track. Dont get over defensive about peoples frustrations, take it as a compliment that the country's DHers cant wait to ride the track you guys so painstakingly sculptered. Thanks.;)

astroboy

CORC Trails team
Admittedly Laulau was a tad over zealous in his first post about this, but he is right, it was advertised for a long time from last year that it was supposed to open after the Nats. We all know there has been good reason why it hasn't but it's amazing how those good reasons go away when there's an event to be held on it.:rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm definately not complaining, but like countless other DHers, just itching to get on the track. Dont get over defensive about peoples frustrations, take it as a compliment that the country's DHers cant wait to ride the track you guys so painstakingly sculptered. Thanks.;)

Gravjunkie,

I too feel your frustrations and those of the DH'ers. When I got a new bike at Xmas I purposely got a bike that I could ride DH, and have been itching to try Stromlo since it was 'finished' (cause there is still some alignment work to do). In that time I have walked the bloody track countless times and personally seethed that the reason why I can't ride it then was all due to the need to install an over-engineered solution to a problem that was blown out of proportion.

I'm just hoping that my 'DH' bike is not outdated by the time the track opens.

Astro
CORC Trails Team

dhd

Downhill Direct
Well, Astroboy.....I rode the XC course once and promptly went out and bought myself a new XC bike. That is some kickass trail! I reckon it's near as much fun as the DH course....except for those funny climby bits......;)

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Projects blow out, we were expecting the DH component of the awaba mtb park to have been done a month ago, as it is we are now only just starting the work on the ground.

Our little project is tiny next to the whole stomlo thing, as is our budget, but I can completely understand how the timeframe has blown out.

Miss one milestone for whatever reason and suddenly the whole thing is months behind.

I would assume when they have run events, the mountain is closed to other user groups which takes away any potential; conflict.

With other gtoups in the park outside of designated events, its a bit harder to manage that stuff, if not impossible.

I think we should all sit back and be stoked that something like this is actually happening in this country. With any luck it flows on into other states.

benji101

Likes Dirt
I have only ridden there once on the old stromlo track ..

How about OPENING THAT TRACK and stop stuffing people around ! Every
post I have read on this subject has been excuse after excuse , the track has to bed in _ the track is closed _ too windy _ the track is closed _ has been
washed away _ the track is closed _ a horse cant cross the track_ the track is closed _

OPEN THE OLD TRACK SO PEOPLE CAN RIDE !

1 thing can u please do for me....
run down to Kmart tomorrow and buy a nice knife ok...strap it to the wall so that the pionty end is sticking out, maybe the blunt end i dont mind, and just run flat out at it!! and just see what happens...thanks

On the good note! the bridge looks awsome! should be fun just to come punching out of it! looks good, props to glen and all the workers out there getting things upto scratch! well done boys!

gilly101

Likes Dirt
Why don't they paint some trees on it instead? :)
Hooray for trees!... at least we can pretend we have life up on our hill that way... even is it is painted on:eek:

Also just out of interest... When stromlo is opened so you can go ride it laulau... are you sure your huffy will make it to the bottom?:)

Last edited:

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Alright fellas back it off :)

laulau's copped enough already, as has CORC. We're all frustrated about this situation.

Lets look on the good side of things... the track's currently getting watered!

triples

Likes Dirt
your right there mate, we had a heavy and solid downpour today:)
and I think more predicted for tomorrow. fingerscrossed

takai

Eats Squid
DAMN, Those pictures just look wrong.
I still cant get over how barren it all still is, doesnt look like there has been much regrowth since i left in 2004. :(

Hell, even going to Bennetts over here spooks me a bit because it feels like Stromlo pre 2003.

Looking forward to riding it though, considering bringing the bike over if its finished in September and giving it a bash :D

astroboy

CORC Trails team
Well, Astroboy.....I rode the XC course once and promptly went out and bought myself a new XC bike. That is some kickass trail! I reckon it's near as much fun as the DH course....except for those funny climby bits......;)
You're certainly correct there DHD. Those DH'ers who have yet to pull out their STPs from the shed or similar lighter bike and discover the secrets of slickrock, blood rock and mountain view are certainly missing out.

From what I hear you aren't the only DH'er who's become smitten with the XC track (not that there was alot of choice until the recent opening of the 4x track anyway :). And from what I've heard from a few of my mates I'm not the only XC rider looking at getting a DH-savvy bike (even if it is a Reign-X so I can still pedal up hills). Stromlo looks like not only providing facilities for the various MTB genres, but also promoting some cross-pollination in the sport. That can only be a good thing (previous argument about the evils of lycra aside :)

Astro
CORC Trails Team

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
The real funny thing is, not alot of horses like walking under bridges like that! Especially if a bike is going over the top at the same time. It's gunna be farkin funny when some horse rider falls off because of the bridge.:D
As someone said above, an over engineered solution to a simple problem. And I wouldn't think this would be CORC's idea!!!
But I can't wait to come up to ride it.

Last edited:

takai

Eats Squid
The real funny thing is, not alot of horses like walking under bridges like that! Especially if a bike is going over the top at the same time. It's gunna be farkin funny when some horse rider falls off because of the bridge.:D
As someone said above, an over engineered solution to a simple problem. And I wouldn't think this would be CORC's idea!!!
But I can't wait to come up to ride it.
I can imagine what would have been if it was up to us (as riders) though. One mighty big roadgap there i reckon....

doin

Likes Bikes
I totally agree, I've been trying to decide on a downhill bike but after riding the XC trails a few times at Stromlo now I'm definately thinking of a more all mountain bike. :D

Gravjunkie

Likes Dirt
I totally agree, I've been trying to decide on a downhill bike but after riding the XC trails a few times at Stromlo now I'm definately thinking of a more all mountain bike. :D
Get both!! While you're at it, get a mountain cross specific steed as well.
I thought my quiver of surfboards, for different wave conditions, was extravagent, untill I got into mtbing, it's got nuthin' on my quiver of pushies.:eek: