Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Up-date time

Went to QR for the morning sesh today. First run, 5th corner came around, spun out onto the grass went to drive back onto the track but couldnt go no where but straight... Sheered the nut on my tie-rod-end off the rose-joint. So we spent an hour running around ipswich went to repco, supercheap, pedders and couldnt find a tie-end rod let alone a bolt to dodgy it up. After driving around we found a bolt shop and spent a whole $1.16 and got a nut and bolt and a few washers. got back to qr dodgied it up and went got back on track. Got probably an hour or so driving out of the sesh but had the best time. Babied it back to Toowoomba fearing the bolt would snap again but we got home in one piece both driver and the car.
Thanks to brodie for the pics

Jake_6693

Likes Dirt
Hey kids,

Umm it's a 1999 Subaru forester,

It's basicly a 3" Titanium Pipe welded to an alluminum box with a Drift Pod filter, Keeps all the engine heat out which is pretty much my goal, Thinking off making an air box than running a pipe into it so it will get more air, The car is running heaps smoother at higher rev's because it is getting the air it needs. The rest is just stuff sprayed blue, Not mine got off a mate, Thinking off going back to black

Also another update, Varex exhuast bolted onto a 2.25 pipe

nice muff :D

floody

Wheel size expert
Goin to have a look at a Manual Stagea that is being complied at the moment it's a 2000 STAGEA RS4 NEO but it doesn't say if it's turbo or not. This is what I'm going to have a look at, I'm a big fan of the small wheels-http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/search/gallery-pop-up/D_13187770/2/2/dealer-used
They're R32 GT-R wheels. All stags imported and complied will be turbo ones except M35s, NA C34s are not available for import approval as they're too slow. From the looks thats an RS4-S, so probably awd.

Last edited:

fairy1

Banned
Since I've been stuffing around so much as well as school work I havent managed to get me a car yet. As I'm having a serious look now, I found this little buggar real cheap.

Tell me what you think, as you are fairly knowledgable fellows. Are they rubbish, or have any general faults???

Cheers

http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/pl...e_max=10000&keywords=leyland van&photo_flag=1
It looks alright for the price however the clubmans look shit compared to the roundnose unless you run huge offset. I have a set of un needed 9" front brakes if you feel like turning it into a quick mini. Things do stuff up on them but it is generally because of the shitty Lucas electrics.

If you get to have a look at it check the tops of the front subframes for cracks. Also check the firewall for cracks around the engine mount(s).

A 998 is quite slow but there are 100hp 998s out there and they sound nuts if you can get them out to 9000rpm, but you have sweet FA in the torque department.

If you do buy it I'll be happy to give advice when shit goes pear shaped, oh yeah this will fit in nicely-http://www.superfastminis.com/MTB2EnginePackage.html

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
I'm only going to be driving to school and various race meets with bikes in it, but being British I'm wary of things going shitty.

Thanks for your offer of help, but it's in Vic, so getting a look might be out of the question. I'll see what happens when I have a talk to the guy selling it

fairy1

Banned
Nope that one is made in Australia and so will be most of the electrics, but they are still shit. Just remember if you crash you die, I had one as my first car but it's not a wise choice. Make sure it has shortened shocks as they have to be lowered a fair bit when you fit big wheels, if you leave standard length shocks in your cones(springs) can drop out.

floody

Wheel size expert
Since I've been stuffing around so much as well as school work I havent managed to get me a car yet. As I'm having a serious look now, I found this little buggar real cheap.

Tell me what you think, as you are fairly knowledgable fellows. Are they rubbish, or have any general faults???

Cheers

http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/pl...e_max=10000&keywords=leyland van&photo_flag=1
Almost everything else you can buy for $6750 will go, stop and turn better, be more reliable, potentially even more economical, be far more comfortable and easy to live with day to day.

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I see what your getting at, its just that VS utes dont come cheap and hardly ever in V6s. This just seemed like a cool little car.

I also thought about a HJ, HQ, WB utes or VJ and VG Valiant utes....apart from their age would they be worth the hassle???

fairy1

Banned
Almost everything else you can buy for $6750 will go, stop and turn better, be more reliable, potentially even more economical, be far more comfortable and easy to live with day to day.
Pfft poop, don't listen to the hater. A 998 should get 7L/100km they don't break down as long as the cooling system is good and you know the wiring is OK but Minis with points don't like rain.
Comfort is good in a van as you can mount the seats way back, I have friends that can't touch the firewall with their feet in mine. A standard mini will out handle most new cars on the road, you'll work this out when you start hitting roundabouts flat in third. Oh yeah I have seen a mini with drums all round pull over 1g on a braking test, I ran Cooper S brakes with braided lines and no booster and it was fine.
I doubt there are many cars avaliable that has more new parts avaliable for it than a mini and the aftermarket range is huge too.

I had my van as a daily for two years and it only broke down once(can't remember why).

If you want to cart bikes around it will be a wheels off affair, I could get my bike in but the front wheel had to come off.