Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

floody

Wheel size expert
Yeah I dunno, there was five years between B5 and B7, and they B7's been dead for a year already anyway. On that precedent, a lot could happen between now and 2013, and the previous break sure didn't slow down the B5's heinous depreciation curve...

Anyway in the immediate future my focus is hopefully something rwd, Japanese, V8, mid 90s.

Last edited:

lethalweapon

Likes Dirt
Hey kids,

Umm it's a 1999 Subaru forester,

It's basicly a 3" Titanium Pipe welded to an alluminum box with a Drift Pod filter, Keeps all the engine heat out which is pretty much my goal, Thinking off making an air box than running a pipe into it so it will get more air, The car is running heaps smoother at higher rev's because it is getting the air it needs. The rest is just stuff sprayed blue, Not mine got off a mate, Thinking off going back to black

Also another update, Varex exhuast bolted onto a 2.25 pipe

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Few updates for my car:

Fitted some Whiteline lateral lock bushes to stop the rear sway bar moving sideways when cornering. You can see the paint worn off from where it was moving.

I can still feel lateral compliance in the rear suspension though so they've probably done two parts of fuck all.

Lots of work going into the audio install:

Deleted a massive and fuck-off ugly numberplate holder, unfortunately it left some holes in the front clip that are just covered with electrical tape at the moment. Couldn't find any kind of plug type thing at Bunnings that would have done the job - anyone have any suggestions?

Also blacked out the badge up front and deleted the '2.0' and 'GOLF' badges from the back and left just the 'TDI' badge.

fairy1

Banned
Isn't the TDI badge the one you would want to get rid of? I could understand if you had one put on a GTI or an R-32 but why would you keep it if it is diesel?

Where is the lateral movement coming from? It's not the swaybars fault.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Isn't the TDI badge the one you would want to get rid of? I could understand if you had one put on a GTI or an R-32 but why would you keep it if it is diesel?

Where is the lateral movement coming from? It's not the swaybars fault.
Diesel represent yo! I like being perverse and the sleeper look is in this year.

Yeah, the reason I thought it was the sway bar is that the OEM one had small rings welded on to positively locate the sway bar in the lateral plane. The replacement Whiteline one didn't, and I think the lateral movement came on once I'd replaced the bar. In all likelihood though, it was probably there before.

I think the compliance just comes from soft OEM rubber bushes all round.

Last edited:

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
BTW I was getting a wheel alignment the other day and Pedders had some XA coilovers on display - anyone know much about them?

Seem like they may be sister products/rebranded BC Racing coilovers.

fairy1

Banned
BC are the Korean mob, yeah? As long as they arent Chinese you should be right. The ridges on a swaybar won't help your lateral movement much, all that will happen is the inside of the bush will get chewed out and shit will get sloppy. Are the Golfs Macpherson strut rear end or are they double wishbone? Either way all that can cause lateral movement is the standard shit rubber bushes at either end of the suspension arm (arms?).

I am lookin at a Stagea with a Whiteline/koni handling kit but it is auto, I now have to work out if I can live with a dodgem car as a daily driver.

fairy1

Banned
You don't like the mini?
Love the Mini but because I broke my collarbone I couldn't do the work needed to get rego(new floor etc) now I just need a gay Import I can slap my my full sick stezza in and wedge a bike in too, the Nissan hurse lookse puurrfect.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Hey kids,

Umm it's a 1999 Subaru forester,

It's basicly a 3" Titanium Pipe welded to an alluminum box with a Drift Pod filter, Keeps all the engine heat out which is pretty much my goal, Thinking off making an air box than running a pipe into it so it will get more air, The car is running heaps smoother at higher rev's because it is getting the air it needs. The rest is just stuff sprayed blue, Not mine got off a mate, Thinking off going back to black

Also another update, Varex exhuast bolted onto a 2.25 pipe

yeah i knew it was a pre 2000 non turbo foz.

where is yoru air box gettin air from????? or is it just the top and side as a MASSIVE overkill heat sheild for your pod filter?

im sure you know what you are trying to achieve, but i personaly think that air box is worth far more work then the benifts you would recive, you would have been better with installing a PVC cai.
and putting work into the handling, in the end, your not going to get big power out of a N/A ej20.

but ey, it looks snazzy!

and also +to go back to stock covers, caps etc etc!

nice muffler.