Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So long story short, some useless NRMA prick stripped the head on the bolt that holds my rear axle on on my moto. Only noticed today when I went to tension the chain... Anyone have any ideas as to how I can remove it to tension the chain? It's skipping about and im concerned... :confused:

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so what are we supposed to be looking at here?
Theres a good centimetre plus thick of hardened caked oil all over. It looked almost identical too mudcake icing when its hard and set and the same consistency too. Fun...

Better pic ~

263018_10150229466277414_520682413_7658239_5889937_n.jpg

Phone doesn't have flash :(

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
So long story short, some useless NRMA prick stripped the head on the bolt that holds my rear axle on on my moto. Only noticed today when I went to tension the chain... Anyone have any ideas as to how I can remove it to tension the chain? It's skipping about and im concerned... :confused:
Pipe wrench? Multi grips?

worth a shot

Graunched

Likes Dirt
Try to exert force onto the head of the bolt in the direction that you want it to move as you attempt turn it, ie lever a screw driver under the head. Hopefully it will pick up another thread and come off.

Not exactly sure what bolt you are talking about but I assume its one end of the axel? Either way that method might help.

Edit: Was too late at night, read it as the thread was stripped. Latheboy has a good remedy.

Last edited:

latheboy

Likes Dirt
Heaps of CRC/WD40 and get an Hex socket of the right size or use a metric/imperial socket thats the next size down and tap it on with a hammer.

Don't use multi star sockets only hex ones.

You will need to get a new nut....

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wooaahh ease up guys, basically ruining leitch's dreams here geeeeez. I dig them, though bonus points if they were matte. Got any centre caps for them?

Focus is driving like a pig, ive got an engine light and its still got a stalling/idling problem and a minor coolant leak, i really just can't be f'd :confused:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Wooaahh ease up guys, basically ruining leitch's dreams here geeeeez. I dig them, though bonus points if they were matte. Got any centre caps?
Haha it doesn't bother me, I dig how they look and love how the car looks as a whole. They were powdercoated satin black but it's really a bit more the gloss side of satin. Not quite what I wanted initially but I'm happy still. No centre caps, the caps for these wheels are super shit.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mk1 Audi TT wheels are some of my favourite VAG oem wheels.

Looks good mate.

Have you got a tune/intake/dump pipe or any mods to make the Polo go a bit harder?