Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Those S4s always get abandoned when that chain needs doing as it's right up against the firewall.

Have had a punt in a mate's RS5, surprising hooligan that thing.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think I chucked some photos of this event in here back when we did it.
I've finally got my footage of the day together as well.
This was an employee car show where everyone brought their toys into work on a Friday.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
All his videos are stunningly well executed:

As are the cars his shop produces.
now lets see him re-assemble it and check if each vane blade has equal clearance around the turbo housing..anyone can pull shit to pieces, its putting it back together in better shape that when you pulled it apart that's the hard bit!
I have only done this on Caterpillar 3516 gensets where the turbo is about the size of a 20" BMX wheel, and you need 3 guys to lift it

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Ahhhh, yes. I've only seen video of it where they fired it up for the first time in the shed. Looks stunning. Looks like it'll be good for a deep tissue massage too
I doubt it's actually the same but that truck is the first thing that came up when I googled "radial engine car" :p

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
What is that?
Bristol Centaurus. Was fitted to the Hawker Tempest and Sea Fury (my favourite piston engined aircraft). They were fast out of the box with one credited with breaking the speed of sound in a dive during the Korean war. One also shot down a MIG-15 in a dogfight. The Sea Fury becamea popular Reno racer and ultimately these things pinched out well over 4,000hp.

Quite a few fell out of the sky with engine issues..

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Bristol Centaurus. Was fitted to the Hawker Tempest and Sea Fury (my favourite piston engined aircraft). They were fast out of the box with one credited with breaking the speed of sound in a dive during the Korean war. One also shot down a MIG-15 in a dogfight. The Sea Fury becamea popular Reno racer and ultimately these things pinched out well over 4,000hp.

Quite a few fell out of the sky with engine issues..

Wow.