Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know it's not ebay; but if anyones interested.

Item:
4x 20" Vault crystal chrome wheels.
4x <80% tread Nankang 235/35zr20 tires (fitted)
Item Condition: Very good, couple scratches on the rim, though.
Reason for Selling: Defected
Price and Payment Conditions: $1750 ono
Extra Info: Where fitted to my '98 HiLux, so if needed, I can include spacers to fit said model. Wheel nuts not included. 5 stud
Pictures:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3360/349263...023f53816_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3304/349345...f744f2720_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3305/349262...c5ae0f21c_b.jpg
you're links are fucked up drewfus. happened on myface as well haha.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im pretty interested in this at the moment.
Toyota Starlet GT, rally version ;)
Get some pic's up in 10.

EDIT: Here are the pic's, thoughts?

Last edited:

Matt H

Eats Squid
As a driver of a Starlet (completely stock...) myself, I can't imagine driving one that actually performs. That being said though, I'm sure something like that one pictured would be pretty competitive in its class for rallying.

paulmc213

Likes Bikes
The Starlet shown is an import version, not really (if at all) similar to the Starlet that arrived in Australia.

Apparently the GT is a great little car, turbo 1.3L, really fun to drive and go kart like!

A swift GTI killer, but being FWD is no drift weapon.

You also might want to research parts availability. They are not the most common of vehicles...

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apparently the GT is a great little car, turbo 1.3L, really fun to drive and go kart like!
they were dominating at jamboree at willowbank. Running high 11's on the quarter consistantly. Obviously not stock but if I ever bought a turbo daily thatd be my choice

GOD12A

Likes Dirt
Hahahaaaa never owned or been in a decent rotary have we JUZZO??
:D

Rotaries are awesome. Small as, light weight, extremely simple design, very easy to fault find/work, parts are available anywhere (even mazda stocks most parts back till the late 60s/early 70s) and they can make good power. The only thing not to like about a rotor is the high crank. Matching a gearbox and fitting it into a non-rotor trans tunnel can be a bit squishy at times. Not to say they dont get jammed in all sorts of odd places!!

My original motor did over 200,000miles and it bagged up every time!! Now that Ive spent a few grand on my setup, itll happily regularly rev to 10,000rpm and throws down 200+rwhp from a 1.2L NA thats the size of a beer keg... In a <900kg car, it makes for some fun...

Mark :)

bit of a hassle. Heres a pic to explain

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The one pictured, is an import from japan. Got it for his daughter who didn't want it, so yeah.

What do you think it'd be worth?

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahahaaaa never owned or been in a decent rotary have we JUZZO??
:D
nope, just dont like the fact of the lack of decent tuners. They sound cool, and are easy to get make decent power. Just when they break/need rebuilding you either have to know alot yourself or find someone who does. You really have to maintain them if you want them to last, more so then non-rotor engines. Personal preferance really. Oh and th cost of genuine mazda's ;)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Someone tell me I'm not a bad person for seriously considering a more aggressive inlet cam for my Pug.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Someone tell me I'm not a bad person for seriously considering a more aggressive inlet cam for my Pug.
What's the cost/effort/gain setup? Suspension/brakes are going to give you much greater gains and have a major effect on the car, while changing an inlet cam will achieve 4/5ths of fuck all.

Sold my white 89 Skyline and replaced it with another white 89 Skyline, this time a mint R31. Straight as an arrow, original radio, lambswool, the lot. Love it.

Feels like home.