Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Don't get too caught up in the whole SQ head unit pickle, as long as you have at least 2V RCA voltage it really won't make much difference. If you are buying a new unit later on the BEST feature to improve SQ is a HU with self adjusting EQ and time alignment.
You get a mic hold it at head height and your ful sick stezza will tune itself at the push of a button.
Yeah the HU is kinda dodgy though :eek:

It's one of those made-in-china all in one things, but made specifically for the MKV Golf. Plugs in to the cars CAN-BUS network.

It's actually pretty good though, heaps of other people had put them in their Golf before me and had good things to say.

fairy1

Banned
Yeah the HU is kinda dodgy though :eek:

It's one of those made-in-china all in one things, but made specifically for the MKV Golf. Plugs in to the cars CAN-BUS network.

It's actually pretty good though, heaps of other people had put them in their Golf before me and had good things to say.
Something like this- http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=1&series_id=49&family_id=50&item_id=106187&locale=en_US&p_status=
is what you want, it lets you run heaps of in/outputs and allows massive system tuning potential and your system looks stock. There are other brands that make these things too but I haven't lookked at audio gear for a while.

Last edited:

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have the oppertunity to pick this KE70 up for $500. It has a aftemarket exaust system from the manifold back, and it needs a blue slip.

Thoughts?

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw this weapon on 86dc. No reg or RWC.

Buy it though, it'd be fucking awesome. Check out some of the wagon build threads on 86dc for some ideas. Won't take much for that to be a real wapon.

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He just emailed me and said it will have a blueslip before sale now.

Oh yer next problem mum's being a bitch and won't let me have two cars :mad:

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome, definitely buy it if it's got a blueslip.

Just buy the car, I've done it once before. Mum thought my Stanza was a mates for a week or two before she realised what was going on.

fairy1

Banned
Going to have a look at the R34 I mentioned, it's a 2 door which is a bummer but it looks like I should be able to get it for $8500. If bought it will stay stock and just use it until I find another mini.

Does anyone know if you can get a tow kit for an R-34, if my bike won't go on the car I won't buy it.

smiff123

Likes Dirt
Decision time.
Ke55 or mk1 golf. Both 4 door.
Any ideas to sway me either way would be good 'cos i cant choose.
Same low low price.
P.s cant get both. :D

Last edited:

smiff123

Likes Dirt
Mk1 Golf - little biased though.
Details? Colour/engine/condition.
Both in good condition.
The golf is yellow and the ke maroon and primer.
The engine is the standard 1.6l.
Im swinging towards that just because its a little different.

Lorday

Eats Squid
Both in good condition.
The golf is yellow and the ke maroon and primer.
The engine is the standard 1.6l.
Im swinging towards that just because its a little different.
Love mk1's greatly. The 1.6's are a solid motor, and have suprising pull...plus so many directions you can go with it.

If you haven't been here this will help the veedub love
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/

Please take note of:
Preen59, Volksee77, Peter Jones, WABIT, Lima, lawny, Mike1_Golf, Endlessmk1 and dubdans. They have some mint mk1's from race cars to sump busters.
And theres more.... from more people, I know i'm leaving some notable ons out!
btw- I have a mad crush on these carz!

WABITS:

Endlessmk1's GTI:

Jay_Patriot

Likes Bikes
Hey Guys,
Just about to take delivery of my first resto car (well van).
Its a 1972 VeeDub Kombi T2a (Blinkers below the headlights).
Its Straight and there's not much rust; Whats more, I picked it up for a song, $150 + a slab + Train Ticket (bought it off a backpacker).

It will be delivered Friday afternoon, and I'm shitting myself I'm that exited :rolleyes:

My question is,
Where Do I Begin?

I have a million things i could do, but, being new to all of this, whats a logical first step?

Cheers,

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's an update, lowered it 25mm in the rear and 20mm in the front. Adjusted the camber so it's ready to go to the track again. Scrubs front sometimes, so the guard roller will probably come out this weekend