Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

MasterOfReality

After forever
My W&B is due for calibration as well. They are such a weapon of a thing.

Finished wiring up the reverse lights, neutral safety switches and brake lights. Need to figure out how to wire in an additional switch to the clutch to keep cruise control functional. New floor plate is in, and I ordered a bunch of misc. items from Rare Spares.

Sent some interior trim pieces down to an auto paint shop in Sydney so they could colour match and supply aerosols. I had everything back in a week. Highly recommend BCS Auto Paints in Revesby. Will get around to restoring the console when time permits.

Been driving this a bit lately, adjusted the clutch cable so the bite point is exactly the way I like it. The clutch pedal sits a bit below the brake pedal but I can live with that. Nearly all the noises have gone away now that everything is bedding in.

IMG_4641_2.jpg

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You should be able to parallel off the brake switch assuming it has one for cruise and one for brake lights. Cruise should just go to earth and it doesn't matter if it is clutch or brake as soon as that cable is earthed cruise spits the dummy.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Went to the opening test and tune day for my club at Doonan. With the weather we had it was a good opportunity to play with the mirrorless device.

Anyway, the sprint. New track layout which flows much better than the previous ones. Again due to the weather the mowing and tidying around the track wasn't done but some of the cars did some on their own. It was quite damp in the morning but dried out and grip wasn't bad.

This is what happens when you bolt a turbocharger on the engine but forget about the rest of the driveline and don't run any form of lsd.

This had a straight through exhaust and was borderline too loud. He will need to do something before Lakeside or Morgan Park etc. And maybe a bit less wing...

This car looked neat all day.

It was great to see a 911 being thrown around.

Chief mower.

And a reminder that it doesn't always go to plan.

A modified rex and skoda thing were also quite quick. Part of the run was a complete stop in a parking bay made up of witches hats. The rex didn't get close and was usually a car length past the box. I asked what brakes he thought he had and suggest dropping his braking marker back up the track 4 or 5m. He then ran all the way through. Sigh.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Finished restoring the centre console I bought of Ebay. It was pretty rough. Have a new manual console insert, cigarette lighter, handbrake handle and button, and power window switches to complement. Paint was colour matched although the grey wasn't a good match, the blue was.

Ebay special:
IMG_2174_2.jpg

Gross:
IMG_2240_2.jpg

Ebay special, my original ashtray on the right:
IMG_2244_2.jpg

Test fitting the Rare Spares console insert and boot, its pretty good:
IMG_2531_2.jpg

Bogging up the damage, used Isopon plastic filler. That stuff goes hard 4 mins from mixing to had to work quick:
IMG_4784_2.jpg

IMG_4786_2.jpg

Insert and ashtray painted, not a good colour match (I sent the radio surround down to get colour matched, they must have picked a sunfaded spot or a place on the back of it, I can live with it though:
IMG_4794_2.jpg

Console lid done, contrasting with shitty console:
IMG_4802_2.jpg

Its like wrapping the worlds worst Xmas present:
IMG_4809_2.jpg

Job done:
IMG_4817_2.jpg

IMG_4818_2.jpg

IMG_4820_2.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Finished restoring the centre console I bought of Ebay. It was pretty rough. Have a new manual console insert, cigarette lighter, handbrake handle and button, and power window switches to complement. Paint was colour matched although the grey wasn't a good match, the blue was.

Ebay special:
View attachment 407508

Gross:
View attachment 407509

Ebay special, my original ashtray on the right:
View attachment 407510

Test fitting the Rare Spares console insert and boot, its pretty good:
View attachment 407511

Bogging up the damage, used Isopon plastic filler. That stuff goes hard 4 mins from mixing to had to work quick:
View attachment 407512
View attachment 407513

Insert and ashtray painted, not a good colour match (I sent the radio surround down to get colour matched, they must have picked a sunfaded spot or a place on the back of it, I can live with it though:
View attachment 407514

Console lid done, contrasting with shitty console:
View attachment 407515

Its like wrapping the worlds worst Xmas present:
View attachment 407516

Job done:
View attachment 407517
View attachment 407518
View attachment 407519
You didn't unlock the secret cupholders in the console lid? (PS: Not all models had them...)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Too expensive to be a hoon these days. I can't afford the cars or the fines/impound fees.

But otherwise fuck yeah. :p
Some friends have run foul of the law recently, the fines have exceeded inflation.

25km over the speed limit is now 3 months of walking.

Another friend got done for a positive thc saliva test. Had to do the mandatory behavioural modification course. She was the only attendee who had reformed their ways, my friend has swapped to opiates for pain management. The fine for a second positive thc result whilst driving is now 36 grand.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
25km over the speed limit is now 3 months of walking.
That one's been like that for a long time now. (Luckily I don't know that from personal experience)

Another friend got done for a positive thc saliva test. Had to do the mandatory behavioural modification course. She was the only attendee who had reformed their ways, my friend has swapped to opiates for pain management. The fine for a second positive thc result whilst driving is now 36 grand.
Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Can't be too many potheads are going to be able to come up with that kind of scratch.